|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Craft Beer RV Travelers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
brirene

midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 07:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome to the forum! You sound like kindred spirits! (No pun intended). Please post often and keep us abreast of your adventures; hope to see you down the road to share a brew or two.

Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion,Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

TheRoamingPint

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 09:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! Thanks for the comments everyone! I will respond in order...

mtnman - love the places you mentioned. Been to the them all. Grimm bros. is really knocking out some great beers for being so new and ODell and Fort Collins in general is top 3 on our list of great beer cities! Big Beaver has the be the most amusing of them all! Just heard they are expanding, good for them!

BR549 - would love to feature you as our beer traveler of the week, if you're interested send us an email!! We've also been to the Indio region and understand the stocking up! Almost like you're going to Utah. Although, we have yet to make it up to Salt Lake, they are an emerging craft beer state, which surprised me initially! Coeur d'Alene Brewery, was a real gem of a find. Such a cute city and the brews were good! I'm curious if you have you tried Grand Teton?

Rick- most definitely!! I love Lawrence, it's where we call home, even though we don't have one there anymore... our friends still make us feel right at home in their driveways There is actually an excellent campground about 20 minutes from downtown Lawrence (aka Mass. Street) it's Clinton Lake. I would suggest staying on the corp. of engineers side, the other side is the State Park, a couple more bucks a day to stay and a little closer, $12/night with electric hookups, central water and dump. The lake is beautiful and on the way into town you can hit 23rd Street brewery, then visit our favorite brewery ever, Free State Brewery. Monday nights they have specials on pints and they really have great food, I always get whatever is the special because I know it is fresh and in season. Please make the time to stop in Lawrence for at least a day or longer if you can. You won't be disappointed. The lake is beautiful in itself, nice spacious campground, only packed really on holiday weekends.

GBopp - we most defintely will be visiting America's oldest breweries. Have yet to be anywhere in the northeast so will be excited to check it out! What we can anyway, living in a 29' RV. I suspect our days in NYC will be brief, if we can make it in at all!

Whew. you guys rock! Thanks for the feedback

TheRoamingPint

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 09:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

brirene wrote:

Welcome to the forum! You sound like kindred spirits! (No pun intended). Please post often and keep us abreast of your adventures; hope to see you down the road to share a brew or two.

Most definitely! How will we know when we cross paths? We are pretty much always posting when we make it to new cities on @WhereIsStanley or our TrippinWithStanley facebook page.

golf_bears

Rapid City, SD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/12 07:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TheRoamingPint

Have you visited San Antonio, TX area? If so, what one or two micro breweries are your favorite in that area? Also, what brew was your favorite from that area?

We are heading to that area next week. Our son is into micro breweries and asked if we would bring him back some brew. I’m not that well versed on micro breweries and don’t want to disappoint him so your help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cygany

On The Move

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/12 11:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boulder City, Nv has a great little place called Boulder Dam Brewing Co.
Loved thier brews.
Stan

TheRoamingPint

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 11:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Golf_Bears - we did not make it down to San Antonio but they do have one of the most well known breweries in Texas right now, Free Tail Brewing. They've been instrumental in helping change some ancient laws that were unnecessarily imposed on TX Craft Brewers. I am more familiar with the Austin area if you are going through there, let me know. Otherwise some other top TX based brews are Saint Arnold (Houston), Jester King (Austin), Southern Star (Conroe/N Houston) Austin Beerworks (only found in Austin) Live Oak (Austin) Real Ale (Blanco) and to be honest I really like Shiner. I love to get their Family Pack - although if your son is a hop head, Shiner won't really be his thing.

Here is a map of the area to help you out: http://www.brewerymap.com/#t=s&a=san+antonio+texas&r=100 - If you are wanting to visit breweries, know that in TX breweries are prohibited from selling beer on premise, which means the taprooms all have very limited hours (typically only open on the weekends) UNLESS its a brewpub, meaning they serve food and beer. (TX State laws prohibit brewpubs from distribution aka no bottling or canning)

If you aren't looking to visit a brewery I would recommend seeking out a Spec's Liquor, they have a very nice selection of all the local beers.

TheRoamingPint

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 11:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cygany - We've been to Boulder Dam Brewing Co. I'm glad to hear you liked it. I have to be honest, we weren't impressed with their brews. If you're ever in that area again check out Chicago Brewing Co. in Las Vegas and Tenaya Creek - in my opinion, they brew better beers.

golf_bears

Rapid City, SD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/12 12:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TheRoamingPint,

Thanks for the tips on what to look for.

Didn't realize you could not buy direct from the breweries in TX.

Will be going through Austin after San Antonio so will check out your recommendations.

Thanks for your help.

TheRoamingPint

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 12:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, those TX brewery laws are wacky. They actually just passed an amendment to the old laws which prohibited breweries from even being able to tell their fans where they can buy their beer! Crazy huh! And I feel bad I forgot to mention Independence! Definitely a great brewery

* This post was edited 02/29/12 05:20pm by an administrator/moderator *

br549

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 08:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sent you a email but forgot to mention that we have not tried the Grand Teton.

Gerry & Louise
2007 Tiffin Phaeton 36 QSH
2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD
1926 Oakland Landau Coupe in Storage

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Craft Beer RV Travelers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts