|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Service dealer lying to me

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
packman35

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 03:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I took my 2012 camper in to a local factory authorized service center for a warranty repair. The defect was an obvious factory manufacturing defect so I didn't expect much trouble getting it fixed. The service person agreed.

It is now over two months later and they still have not started work on my repair!! I touched base with them every 7-10 days and was told this and then told that but in short they blamed it all on the manufacturer dragging their feet. I was told two weeks ago that parts were ordered. I called yesterday and was told that they just got approval to do the repair and were going order parts. But I thought they ordered them two weeks ago????

I called the manufacturer and according to them, the repair has not yet been approved because they are still waiting on information from the service center that was requested in January!! No parts have been ordered yet according to their system.

The manufacturer representative called back today and said they finally got the information today after calling the service center and have approved the repair and parts will be going out ASAP.

So long story short, the service center has been lying to me for nearly two months about the status of this repair. In truth, it is they who have been delaying the process and dragging this out.

My question is this. Do I have any recourse with them? Since it is a warranty issue I can't really ask for a discount on the price but I do feel that 10-12 weeks (I assume it will be another 3 weeks before I get my camper back) is excessive given the nature of the repair and that I should receive some sort of compensation in exchange. I have been making payments all this time but have not had the use of my camper due to their slow service response.

Has anyone else dealt with a simliar issue before?

And yes, I am trying to be vague with the names and details as I don't want to compromise any recourse I may have later should this drag on longer and become a legal issue.

Duck

Miami Lakes, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 03:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I learned along time ago that the squeaky wheel gets the oil first. Not much you can do but visit the service company every couple of days.
Don

08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL

SWD

Land of Living Skies

View Profile

I would confront the service manager about this issue and see if they may be able to do something for you, but I doubt it. Just let them know how you feel about this all and I guess you can always take your business elsewhere.

kcgaz

Scottsdale, Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Unfortunately it depends on how long you are willing to let it sit there. If I were you, I would contact the manufacturer, explain the situation and your unhappiness and find out where they would advise that you take it for a quick repair.

God Bless,
Kevin & Tracy
1993 Fleetwood Tioga Arrow, 30', Ford 460...Still on the road!
My Blog

bikendan

Napa, Cal.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 03:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

did you buy your RV from the dealer doing the repairs?
if not, what you're experiencing is common in the current RV industry.
many dealers refuse to do warranty work, if you didn't buy from them.
others put you at the end of the line.

this attitude has become common since dealers like RVWholesalers and RVDirect came on the scene.

it doesn't work like the Auto industry.

Dan- Firefighter, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP), 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS, 2007 Rockwood Roo 23SS w/Equalizer and Prodigy, and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 03:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Contact that mfg. representative and have a nice long discussion about the service center and their 'story' that they have been feeding you.......ask mfg. representative for an extension on the length of warranty due to inability to use your RV because of delays in 'warranty' work.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 03:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

first thing is find another dealer. don,t raise a big fuss till you get your rv back. then raise the roof . and tell us who they are.you,ll get no refund of any sorts.

Steeljag

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 03:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This sounds allot like a dealer setting aside "warranty" work, which has a set hourly pay rate, that is set by the manufacture. As opposed to the dealers set hourly rate made on all other repairs. Just my thought.........was the service center busy??

2010 Flagstaff 26RLS
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
2006 Toyota Tundra D/C (sold)
2001 Bantam B-19,(sold)
2003 Harley Road King
The whole family,
Cold ones in the cooler, good times ahead.

sch911

Rochester Hills, MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 04:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What sort of defect was it?

OEM Auto Engineer
2003 Damon Challenger 348 Class A - F53 Triton V10
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V8 Toad

tvman44

Southwest Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 04:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is typical if you did not buy the unit from them, even if you are next in line and a unit they sold comes in it gets put ahead of the unit they did not sell.

Papa Bob
1* DW "Granny"
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Service dealer lying to me