|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Service dealer lying to me

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
amandasgramma

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 04:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It always amazes me to read stories like this. You'd think with the economy so bad, price of fuel going up which will cause them less sales, that they'd bend over backwards to be truthful and honest with you!!!! yes, yell at the manager AND the manufacturer. They need their hands slapped.

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

jhkayakr

Virginia Beach, Va. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 04:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Common practice, however the dealers just dont seem to realize that kind of practice assures they won't get my business in the future when i finally upgrade to a diesel pusher. My current class A took two months to schedule an appointment, its been in the shop for two and a half months and still the warrenty work is not complete. They were up front with me, and told me straight up i didnt matter to them because i didnt buy from them.

2011 Hurricane 31J

coolbreeze01

Redding, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 04:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Sorry it took you 2 months to find us, could have had your trailer back by now. Good luck.

2008 Dodge 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 04:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bigdogger wrote:

bikendan wrote:

did you buy your RV from the dealer doing the repairs?
if not, what you're experiencing is common in the current RV industry.
many dealers refuse to do warranty work, if you didn't buy from them.
others put you at the end of the line.

this attitude has become common since dealers like RVWholesalers and RVDirect came on the scene.

it doesn't work like the Auto industry.
Agreed wholeheartedly. And if you shopped that dealer, used their salespeople to demonstrate the vehicle, take test drives, spec out order vehicles and give the impression you were going to buy from them and then bought out of state to save a few bucks they may be delivering some payback.

Sad but true. People do this all the time, and don't even see how unfair it is to the dealer. They are usually the group of people who also get angriest when the dealer they snubbed won't put them to the front of the line with mfg repair work. I don't know if this applies to the OP, but I see this scenario on this forum a lot.

To the OP, can't you just take it somewhere else?

packman35

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 04:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To answer a few questions:

This isn't my first post. Luckily I have been on this forum for some time but created a new alias for this post because I don't want to create any waves with this service center until I get my rig back. Who knows who is reading this!!

Also, I did not buy my unit from this particular dealer. I did, however, buy it from another dealer in the same "chain" while out of state on vacation. That dealer is too far from home for warranty work and this is the closest authorized dealer. I know each dealership is independently owned but since they are in the same "family" I had hoped I wouldn't experience the "you didn't buy it from us" crap.

Believe me, though, I do plan to give the manager my thoughts on the matter and will share all on this site and several others, once I get my camper back from them.

Thanks for all the responses so far!!

YnotTurbo

Waldorf Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 05:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to hear this. If the service manager does not help out, I would get in touch with the dealership owner. Then I would contact the BBB. I would be at the dealer asking what is the hold up.

Navy Chief (Ret.)Still working. 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie w/6.7 High Output, 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/YnotTurbo/2012RamCamper.jpg

mark1228

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 05:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Warranty work and service work are two different things. Warranty does not pay well. There is money to made in service. Even though the economy slowed, the number of RV's on the road needing service work did not diminish. The number of dealers to service those RV's did diminish. When the economy is not real hot, sales do slow down but service generally gets busier as people hold onto their current RV longer. If a dealer or service center is slow in their service department right now, that should be a red flag to the kind of service they provide. Frankly I don't blame a dealer for not wanting to do warranty work on a coach they did not sell when there are paying customers waiting in line. However there is no excuse for lying to the customer as has happened in this case.

wandering1

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 05:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why dont you go to the dewalership service masnager or the general manager or owner and tell them what has been going on?

HR

TheAmRheins

Elizabethtown IN USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 05:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You know, after reading post after post like this I think it might be a good idea to tell the service manager up front that you are calling the manufacturer the next day or two to make sure there "are no problems" with the warranty request.

That way the service dept is on notice that you are a proactive customer and they won't be able to get away with the stories they tell to put you off.

Ken & Kathy
Ruben(the cat)& Tiadora (nother cat)
2003 Chev 3500 D/A Dually
2009 Landmark Augusta

Homer

Northeast Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 05:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found that warranty work takes back seat to in the door customer pays the cost. The reason I was told by one dealer, is the factory will not pay his normal wage rate and generally will not allow him the time he feels it calls for. So he loses money on warranty work. He will do all other work first. Of course they will not admit to that when they are trying to sell you a rig. It has happened to me a couple of times and the dealer was forthright about the situation.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Service dealer lying to me
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS