RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: No sink in toilet area?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> No sink in toilet area?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
SKIPCAROL

COSBY,TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/12 06:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to agree with rolling rhoda about this germ thing. I think all this sanitizing has made us more likely to catch something.

Now 'bout the BR. We have one in our MH. Toilet in a room by itself with a door. Shower and sink on the other side and you can open the BR door and it makes for one big room. That was a selling point for us...we wanted a big bathrm. Too many have the sink practically in front of the toilet or a toilet sitting in such a way as one person said "well I can do my business in there but have to have a leg in the hall to do the paperwork!" We've had our MH 7 yrs and still haven't found one we like better.

Carol, Skip & Buddy the Mutt

2005 Four Winds Hurricane 32R
2008 Chevy HHR Toad

jalichty

Lander, Wyoming 82520

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/12 07:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had all the items, sink, shower and toilet in one room in our Jayco Eagle 215SD for 18 years and it was crowded, even for normal sized folks. When looking for our new FW, I was thinking about trying to get one with the toilet in its own enclosure. We have a fairly new house and the master bath has the toilet in its own room and we have to, heaven forbid, touch the door handle before getting to the sink. That hasn't seemed to bother any of us that have used it, up to now. We didn't get the separate toilet room in our new FW because it didn't come in any of the outfits that we looked at buying. Suck it up, you'll live a long time if that's the only problem you have.

John A. Lichty

pasusan

PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 08:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deandec wrote:

For those that like the sink near the toilet, be sure to put the lid down before flushing.

That way you will experience less contamination of your toothbrush from the aerosol plume effect!

Bathrooms and Kitchen Sinks
Thanks a whole heck of a lot.

2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 07:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To give this discussion some added interest...here's an article about kitchen sink germs vs. toilet germs.....enjoy!

Kitchen Sink Germs vs. Toilet Germs

Full-Timers for 16+ Years
.... Now Seasonal
2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
2004 Jeep Liberty

lfeather

Titusville, FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 04:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bsimonds wrote:

We specifically look for an RV with the sink outside the commode room so that someone else can be using the sink while someone is in the commode room. It's called multi-tasking. The OP must use that single ply RV toilet paper.

DITTO, but settled with sink in bathroom, and wish it wasn't. A sink elsewhere provides more flexibility, especially when one has to go and the other is using the sink area.

Larry, Debbie,Tomi and Daisy
USAF Retired
2003 36' Country Coach Allure #30856
2008 Tacoma Towed
SMI Air Force One toad brake

CatandJim

Tulsa, as in Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 06:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

doc brown wrote:

I can't believe they put sinks in the bedroom! That was a deal breaker for me. I have two sinks, one with the toilet and the other next to the shower.

Same here!

Cat
(Jim just reads the forum once in a while)

Our toys:
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873
(picture on profile)
Boat = ProCraft Fish & Ski

Working our way toward retirement...wishing it was soon.

rumrunnerxx

Calgary, The Wild West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/12 12:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like the layout in our A. It's a split with the sink and potty together and the shower across the hall. With the door wide open and latched it becomes a big all inclusive room. Our MH is only a 30ft'r so this make good use of the available space. And of course there are only two of us these days and we get along just fine. Just my 2 cents.

xctraveler

Livingston TX

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 03:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our first coach had commode in its own room with sink outside the door across the hall from the shower - split bath. We liked it a lot. Current coach (see signature) is getting a bit long in the tooth but commode with sink in the middle of the coach and shower and sink in the rear of the coach really in the bedroom. we love it!

Had to have the sink with the commode as the rear sink is not readily accessible when the slide is in.

Paul
Trucking down the road in our 2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> No sink in toilet area?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS