RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: No sink in toilet area?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> No sink in toilet area?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mockturtle

WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 09:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Personally, I would not buy an RV that didn't have a sink in the bathroom.

2000 Born Free 24RB Class C
6.8L Ford V-10 Engine, E450 Chassis

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 09:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bertnspike wrote:

It seems to me that is pretty common in S&B homes.... been in a number of bathrooms where the toilet is in a closet-like space by itself.

What is it you people DO in the bathroom that makes your hands so dirty that you can't touch anything between the toilet and the sink?

I've seen full bathrooms, half bathrooms even multiple bathrooms in S&Bs but I've never seen a quarter bathroom? (toilet only). That would be weird........

I personally don't like the split bathroom in an RV.....has nothing to do with hygiene or lack of.....hand wipes take care of that phobia.
My problem is the dang closet they stick the toilet in is barely big enough to hold the toilet let alone a person. They remind me of bathroom on a small airliner.

We opted for a full bathroom in our 5'vr.....shower/sink/toilet all in the same room. More 'home' like (it is our home) and showers in the bedroom just didn't work for me......I'm 6'2"(+) 285# and shower doors even in S&B are typically too short..water sprays out over top.
In our bathroom it happens but floor/walls can handle the spray.....bedrooms with carpeting-----not good.

My point is......this is the floor plan that we chose and works very well for us.
Fortunately.......there are many different floor plans/models to choose from so find the one that fits your style.

And if it happens to be a closet with the toilet stick a dispenser of hand wipes in there so your guests won't freak out about their dirty hands

frederick w

Wenatchee, wa

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 09:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I turned down a good deal on a 38 ft. diesel MH because the sink was in
the bedroom. I didn't want to walk into the bedroon all the time to wash
my hands especially if my wife was asleep. That was 7 months ago. They
still have the MH.

We use to say in the car business" there's a behind for every car seat."
Someone, some day, will buy that MH.

bsimonds

Winnsboro, TX, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 10:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We specifically look for an RV with the sink outside the commode room so that someone else can be using the sink while someone is in the commode room. It's called multi-tasking. The OP must use that single ply RV toilet paper.

Bill Simonds
'99 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom
330HP "Yellow" motor
'94 K5 Blazer 4X4 toad

wagonmaster2

northcentral oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 10:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bsimonds wrote:

We specifically look for an RV with the sink outside the commode room so that someone else can be using the sink while someone is in the commode room. It's called multi-tasking. The OP must use that single ply RV toilet paper.

I'm with you Bill. This current MH is the first one we've ever owned that has the sink outside the commode room and we wouldn't have it any other way. I like your "multi-tasking".

Wagonmaster2

gotsmart

Aberdeen, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/12 03:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My little ol' former rental Class C has this layout. The sink in the WC is good, but it is plumbed to the black water tank. *mild groan*

The 'Night' layout has a big lie in it - the dinette can sleep two, only if they're 8yo or younger.

2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

RobertL0

New York

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 03:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hepatitis and liver disorders spread through touching dirty handles, to start..

bertnspike wrote:

It seems to me that is pretty common in S&B homes.... been in a number of bathrooms where the toilet is in a closet-like space by itself.

What is it you people DO in the bathroom that makes your hands so dirty that you can't touch anything between the toilet and the sink?

bertnspike

e central fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/12 03:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please. We're talking about a private RV, not a third world country. MANY people live in homes (in the U.S.) with huge bathrooms that have the toilet closed into a separate room within the bathroom. Some bathrooms are divided into 2 rooms, 1 w/toilet and shower, the other with the sink. Some bathrooms have the sink in a dressing area outside the bathroom. MANY hotels have the sink outside of the bathroom. What is the big deal????? If you are that germophobic you should always have hand sanitizer with you anyway!

RV-1/2n-FUN

FL.

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 04:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

.......I've seen full bathrooms, half bathrooms even multiple bathrooms in S&Bs but I've never seen a quarter bathroom? (toilet only). That would be weird.......

I have seen plenty of S&Bs with the toilet in a closet. Don't care for this set-up at all but that is why there are different floor plans..

Both bathrooms in our A have a sink.

SWD

Land of Living Skies

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 05:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bsimonds wrote:

I dont know about you, but I do have a kitchen sink I can use to "multi-task".

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> No sink in toilet area?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS