RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Thinking of selling.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Thinking of selling.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 07:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

not selling it on here. So don't think I'm breaking any rules.

Ok looked it up on NADA It of course gives Low retail, And Average retail. Looks like it's worth more than I thought. However, I'm wondering, IF I should try for Average Retail.

The TT is in great shape, and we are not selling because we don't like it. We do. It's perfect for the 2 of us. Just not perfect for the other 7 people who tend to follow it around.

Yeah, I know. they can buy their own. but we really love having the GBs with us, and well. We have to take their parents as well. Kind of a package deal.

TT is in great shape, and after I wax it this spring. Will look as good as any on any one's RV dealer lot. Everything works, and it does not leak. Has no fabric, or floor stains. Decals still have full color. Inside stove has barely been used.

Looking at bunkhouses. found one, actually 4.

What y'all think.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
04 F150, 5.4, Lariat SuperCab
Lazy Campers

rcase13

Charlotte

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 07:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I tried to trade my TT and was quoted 15% below the lowest NADA value. Needless to say we still own the TT. We would love to trade for a toy hauler but can't accept such a low trade in.

2013 Jayco Redhawk 26XS

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 08:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How many years will this situation last with the following seven?

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two bikes (both Electric Schwinn's with motor assist)

Subfan1

So Cal

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 07:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would use RV trader to find your trailer, or similar to determine what they are asking for it.

2008 Tahoe LTZ
2006 Komfort 232TS

blksmith

Naches,WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 07:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would add at least 2000 above high book.
We were looking at used tt 2 years ago and everything was above book. That is until we found our trailer. You can always come down a little.
Check out RV Trader and some of the TT ads. I think a good used Tt is still in demand.
TJ
PS Don't ask dealers what yours is worth, ask them what they would sell one like it for.

knuts1

Mound mn

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 07:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you should ask what you think it is worth and then be ready to take a lower offer. GOOD LUCK!!

Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 09:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have to figure out what your final bottom line. What you will actually sell it for. Then add several thousand dollars to that figure. That's what you would advertise it for.

If it were me, I'd add several thousand to the top retail number given by NADA. Then you have room to come down some and still be above what you will sell it for.

Erroll, Mary, Duffy the Badger Dog plus "Ollie"
"The Traveling Koala"
2012 Koala 21CS
2005 F150 Supercab 4x4, w/ 5.4L
And Equal-i-zer WDH/Sway Control

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 08:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd do it like the dealers do it. Price it high and know ahead of time what your true bottom line is and fight hard to keep from going that low. Ultimately it probably just depends on how quickly you want to move it.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 07:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Atlee wrote:

You have to figure out what your final bottom line. What you will actually sell it for. Then add several thousand dollars to that figure. That's what you would advertise it for.

If it were me, I'd add several thousand to the top retail number given by NADA. Then you have room to come down some and still be above what you will sell it for.

IF I add any to the average resale. The price would be what I paid for it new. And to be honest. It's nice, but it ain't new. I'm thinkin a little over low retail might do it.

Road Phantom

pa

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 09:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unfortunately, Nada doesn't always reflect actual market value which is soft right now. It's a buyers market but not if your trading anything in. It just poses more inventory for them to get rid of.
I had great success in Tex with a large chain store that I won't mention, where I was quite satisfied at both ends. Finding a dealer that's motivated is the challenge. I guess part of it is their individual overhead which is as different as their are rv models to chose from.
So shop around and don't feel like you have to take the first deal that comes around.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Thinking of selling.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS