RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Dinghy Towing: Honda CRV question...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> Honda CRV question...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
goufgators

Crawfordville, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 06:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a new supplemental brake coming from Roadmaster in the next few days. I'll have to drill a 1/2" hole in the firewall for the break-a-way wiring. Problem: I can locate prospective spots on the firewall inside the engine compartment but cannot determine if a hole drilled in either of those locations will (might) damage something on the inside of the car. Has anyone done this and, if so, can you describe to me the location of the hole? Any advice will be appreciated! / Larry

goufgators

Crawfordville, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 06:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goufgators wrote:

I have a new supplemental brake coming from Roadmaster in the next few days. I'll have to drill a 1/2" hole in the firewall for the break-a-way wiring. Problem: I can locate prospective spots on the firewall inside the engine compartment but cannot determine if a hole drilled in either of those locations will (might) damage something on the inside of the car. Has anyone done this and, if so, can you describe to me the location of the hole? Any advice will be appreciated! / Larry

Failed to mention year: It's an '05 CRV

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 09:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gouf,
I don't know a Honda CRV from nothin', but I have done a lot of installations of all kinds of things in cars. I always look for where something else is going through. So, look for the electric bundle, throttle cable, shift cable or heater hoses.

Good Luck

Matt

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dog going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

want-a-be

On the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 04:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 09 CRV and on ours in the middle of the fire wall there is a rubber gromet that I went thru. As stated above keep looking for where other parts go thru the firewall.
Good Luck

Kamphiker

South Florida (this 'aint paradise anymore)

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 04:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

want-a-be wrote:

We have a 09 CRV and on ours in the middle of the fire wall there is a rubber gromet that I went thru. As stated above keep looking for where other parts go thru the firewall.
Good Luck

X2

Exactly What I did. It is a "blind" plug (meaning just a cap to seal off the hole). Just pop it out and install the proper size Grommet for the diameter of the wire/cable you use. You could also just put a slit in the original cap/plug and run your wires thru and seal with RTV silicone.

2006 Winnebago Outlook WF324V
2009 Honda CR-V 2wd TOAD ......Campgrounds in the Smoky Mountains NP
Last Camping trip ->2011 SUMMER SMOKY MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK

JohnnyT

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 06:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from class A forum

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> Honda CRV question...