|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Latest Mess Ups

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Mike& Rose

Lake & Horse country,Blackstone Valley MA

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 04:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First weekend trip out we pulled into our campsite and DW and guests we sitting out by the campfire. I went in to run the water and clean out the pink stuff from the plumbing. Everything was going great until I switched the hot water by pass. DW started to yell that water was pouring out of the side of the RV. I forgot to replace the plug for the hot water tank!

See you on the road!

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/12 05:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The one I seemed always guilty of was not putting the batwing antennae down. I never use it anymore now that we use CG cable if we even watch tv at all, so problem solved.

Gene&Ginny

North Kingstown, RI

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 06:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hitched up in the yard one day and went to move the TT forward. It would not budge. After a half hour or so checking the brake controller, emergency brake switch, etc etc ..... I saw the light on the dash lit up that said BRAKE. Released the parking brake and moved the TT with no problem.

Gene and DW Ginny
2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control
Proud member of the Sunline Club

Parrothead Mike

SW Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 06:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A couple of years ago we took a trip to Bar Harbor. Our second night on the road we stopped for a few-day stay in the Upper Adirondacks in NY. I was so excited to get our rig set up when I went to pull our awning down I forgot to flip the lever and pulled the awning out too far went it didn't want to go. I was able to use the awning the rest of the trip, but I couldn't pull it out very far. That took a couple of hundred dollars to repair. I sprung the tension thingy.

2002 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2001 25' Cardinal LXDS
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/12 06:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know I have also done other things, but having a brain freeze at the moment and can't think of 'em LOL

smokedummy

McLennan County Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I once pulled into a KOA and was baffled that they did not have my reservation. I was at the wrong KOA - I was supposed to be another 75 miles or so down the road. That happened in 1999. More recently, I am having trouble remembering to chock the wheels before uncoupling.

travel pics etc
2012 Skyline Mountain View Retro 140, 16'.

RaenMark

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 09:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was setting up our TT at a campground outside Michigan Speedway in the rain. Not fun, but it was the same site we'd had for years. On a hill, so had to block up the nose almost 2 feet. Chocked one side and unhooked fine, level side to side, great. Start cranking up the nose to level fore/aft when the blocks under the nose rolled away from the chocks. The whole trailer pivoted about a foot and dropped into the soft, wet ground to the hitch coupler. Spent the next 2 hours winding back in the nose jack, jacking the tongue off the ground, hooking back up and re-aligning the trailer. Then, and ever since, I chocked BOTH sides and proceeded to level the trailer. No damage, but lots of kibbutzing from my fellow NASCAR fans. Got lucky with the rain, the ground was soft enough to swallow the jack strut. What a Homer Simpson moment that was!

Rae & Mark
Bountiful, UT
1999 Fleetwood American Tradition 40
Just got it and learning about it as we go!

pkunk

Questa, NM

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 08:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 days ago, I took off the TPMS sensors and the wheel covers in prep to take the MH down to mechanic to have Equal put in the front tires. Tire pressures were good at 10 AM, so 4PM he calls and says bring it down. I ran out in the middle of a blizzard, jumped in and drove off. Wife comes running out of the house screaming! Flat on left front! Between the snow/ice and dirt driveway I didn't feel a thing. We're pretty good at changing out to the spare so had it to the mechanic before he quit for the day. He's doing a few other things to it so it's still inside the garage. No answer yet as to weather I damaged the tire or not, but I doubt it.

1999 Coachman Mirada 34 ft.V10-F53 chassis
12ft.LR slide-2 gp31 AGM 12V @220AH

oldbeek

lancaster CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 08:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At 70yrs, I call them old fart moments. My worst was to move out of my camp site with legs down on 5r. The truck had lifted it some so I heard a gentle scraping sound. That should have been a clue to STOP and look, but I was in full old fart mode until I came to a asphalt speed bump. Luckily it only bent the lower extensions.

1994 27sl Alpenlite, 2001 Dodge Cummins auto 3.54 stock

John&Betty

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 06:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Us out West wrote:

mrubaum@aol.com wrote:

Roads?

Yes!

Look at the Forum Title....Roads and Routes.

I think that Roads and Routes was the correct heading.....The road of no return and the route of forgetfulness.....

Back a few years ago we were camping with our tent trailer, everything put away, raised the jack to hook to the truck, checked the chains, the lights, all was good to go. Started to pull away and heard scrapping and lo and behold I forgot to raise the stabilizers...nothing broken, just my pride was hurt.....lol....

John & Betty
2007 Dodge Ram 1500
2010 Keystone Bullet 246RBS

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Latest Mess Ups
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts