|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> stabilizers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
BrokenElbow

Valencia, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/12 06:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Steadyfast stabilizers worked great for us. Only 3 clamps.

2011 Montana 3455, MorRyde pin box, TrailerSaver BD3 air hitch, G614 tires, 2x6volt batts, 2 x Honda 2000i, Rotochoks, 6 pnt Levelup, TST TPMS, Arvika bike rack, Voyager Semi Wireless Rear Cam, Flojet Mascerator, 2008 F350 Lariat 6.4L diesel 4x4 SB CC SRW

Mile High

CO

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 10:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You did a search on JT Strongarm and didn't come up with anything?

NorthernLimits

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 06:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think i'm going to build my own. For what they are, what they are charging is crazy.

Jonny B

Sacramento

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 07:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

my boss just put some steady fast ones on his 5er and I was amazed at how well they worked so I am going to get some for my 5er. I was stuck between steadyfast and jt strongarms. but steadyfast is made in the U.S., and the owners cell phone is attached to every invoice if you have a question you can call him direct. I call that 5 star customer service.

wandering1

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 07:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When someone is walking around inside the 5er it will bounce/wiggle. Rubber tires will bounce, suspension systems are made to bounce. To eliminate the bouncing/wiggling you need to keep the weight from pushing down on the tires and suspension by making sure your stabilizers are tight between the 5er and the ground. Don’t just let them out far enough to touch the ground, turn the crank more to make sure they are tight so they will not allow the 5er to push down on the tires. Use a bipod/tripod under the king pin. Make sure it is tight between the ground and the king pin, don’t just adjust it till it touches, tighten it so the front overhang will not move. Make sure to check the stabilizers and bipod/tripod every couple of days because they will loosen up over time. Doesn’t make sense spending a lot of money on landing jack stabilizers when the landing jacks are stable and don’t bounce up and down. If you have properly adjusted the stabilizers and bipod/tripod then you shouldn’t have any bouncing/wiggling. This has worked for me over the past 15 years.
Chocks are to keep the 5er from rolling forward or backwards. They do not eliminate the weight of the 5er from pushing down and causing the bouncing/wiggling. If you park on a site that has a incline/decline then you probably want to use chocks to keep your 5er from rolling when you unhitch.

There are a lot of other options out there to “eliminate” the bouncing/wiggling if you have the extra money and want to spend it.

HR

larry barnhart

wenatchee. wa usa

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 08:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jonny B wrote:

my boss just put some steady fast ones on his 5er and I was amazed at how well they worked so I am going to get some for my 5er. I was stuck between steadyfast and jt strongarms. but steadyfast is made in the U.S., and the owners cell phone is attached to every invoice if you have a question you can call him direct. I call that 5 star customer service.

Good for you!! I don't think or didn't know our JT's were made out of the USA or they would not be on our fifth. Ours were built before the junk lippert bought them out.
chevman

chevman
2001 35 ft avalon alpenlite RK
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy
easyrider/reese airhitch
trailair center point suspension
JT Strong Arm Stabilizers
KSH 55 inbed fuel tank
Garmin 2720
scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 09:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the JT Strongarm and are very happy with them. They stop a huge amount of movement on our very large and tall toy hauler.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Shepherd

St. Clairsville, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 11:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love the JT's never thought camping could be so steady. We have them attached to our four point level system.

2014 Ram 3500 CC aisin/4.10
2014 Rushmore Monticello

Biggziff

Upstate, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 11:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zedd wrote:

Mine do the same for a lot less money:

Rear...

Front...

They could even be painted to make them look better...

Beautiful!

Me and my 3 girls
2013 Cougar 293SAB
2011 F350 CC SWB 6.7

Biggziff

Upstate, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 12:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's a link to a set someone made for $40. I've spoken with him and he was very pleased with the result.

http://www.heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/8589-Stabilizing-the-front-of-the-FW?p=61130&viewfull=1#post61130

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> stabilizers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS