|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Boating and camping and fishing

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pa traveler

usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 06:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Santee Cooper is another nice campground,with good fishing they rent cabins on a pier and have a campground. Im not afraid to give a heads up to other campers. Since we are from all around the states,I doubt it is going to be a rush to any spots. Dont want any secret spots,just what you want to share with others. It is winter and this is a way to combat cabin fever.

weathershak

Not sure, I need to look out the window

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 06:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tall Pines Harbor CG

This CG is located right on the Pocomoke Sound, which is part of the CHesapeake Bay. They are in the process of building a second fishing pier with boat slips and a boat ramp. The water is not very deep close to shore, so if your boat drafts more than a couple of feet, you may have to wait for high tide. Great fishing, clamming, boating, and of course, camping...

Frontier town

This CG is located on the Sinipuxent Bay across from Assateague and approx. 5 miles from the Ocean City Inlet (maryland) They have a boat ramp and marina with boat slips. You can rent a campsite and park your boat right behind your site.

Full timing it since July 2012 My pics

wbwood

Lake Norman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 08:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stone Mountain State Park in NC has plenty trout fishing streams in it.

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L
ACME Tow Dolly
2007 Toyota Yaris (Toad)

pa traveler

usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 08:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Weathershak ,thanks thats interesting,because I plan to be at a rally there in april. Have had reservations for a couple months now. Wife wants to check out Assateague. I have a question for you do you know of a close campground near Sandy point state park? We were there once,and want to go agian with a boat but have no idea what may be near there.Thanks.

weathershak

Not sure, I need to look out the window

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 08:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pa traveler wrote:

Weathershak ,thanks thats interesting,because I plan to be at a rally there in april. Have had reservations for a couple months now. Wife wants to check out Assateague. I have a question for you do you know of a close campground near Sandy point state park? We were there once,and want to go agian with a boat but have no idea what may be near there.Thanks.

Regarding Sandy Point State Park (Annapolis), I have not camped in that area, but I believe the closest camping is Bayshore.

If you are going to the Mid Atlantic Truck Campers Rally at Tall Pines, you are going to have a great time. We are frequent fliers at that CG and have been going for 9 years. The owners are top notch. Remember, if you are going to visit Assateague on the Virginia side, there are no pets allowed. Check out our pics of Tall Pines. They are also finishing up on a brand new Bath house with laundry room. Enjoy

milo

4 Corners

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 06:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You want some of the BEST fly fishing in this here United States, come on over to the San Juan River in Northwest New Mexico. It runs westerly thru Farmington & on over to Lake Powell in Arizona. The best part for fly fishing is just below Navajo Lake bout 35 Southeast of Aztec, NM. It's better than "Muy Bueno". It's fanfriggintastic!

Milo

Janet & Milo ...37 & 7/12 yrs 2gether
Mona Mo 8 yr old Yorkie & (in spirit) our Beagle
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26SAB

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker

Off Pavement

The Silver State - Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 08:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How about "Nebraska's most scenic lake" stocked with Walleye?

Harry Strunk Lake, and the Medicine Creek State Recreation Area offers boating, fishing, camping, hiking, hunting etc. The developed campground has 30A service, water and a common dump station. There are two boat ramps... one on each side of the dam.

There are a few developed dispersed campsites next to the lake, and if you go a couple miles north of the state rec area, free dispersed camping on the lakes edge is available at several locations in the Medicine Creek Wildlife Management Area.

Best time to go is mid week... most folks that utilize this are work for a living so weekends are busy, but most weekdays see light usage.

Located aproximately 10 miles NW of the town of Cambridge. Cambridge is located in SW Nebraska about 15 miles north of the Kansas boarder, and about 25 miles east of the metropolis of McCook.

Medicine Creek Informaton Page

Official Medicine Creek Rec Area Video

The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved!
Please Support Multiple Use of our Public Lands!

Brian & Margie
www.rv-camping.org
'10 Sunseeker Class C - Gozer II
'13 Jeep JKU (Wrangler) - Billie

pa traveler

usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/12 04:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lot of good places to hopefully see some day. I have fished in Quebec twice,the cobonga reservoir in manawaki. Alot of big walleye and pike,also bear and moose to look at.

SLOW-1

Central NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 05:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jordan Lake, NC is great for camping in an RV with a boat.

Jordan Lake SP

Badin Lake, NC is great for camping from your boat, in the Uwharrie NF.

Also, the Fla Keys are the ultimate RV w/boat destination.

Take time to be nice to someone today.
1999 Winnebago Adventurer 32 (454 Chevy)
Check out our first cross country trip.

tatest

Oklahoma Green Country

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 06:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lake Arrowhead State Park, near Wichita Falls, usually quiet, but can be windy.
Lake Thunderbird State Park, Norman (several CGs and ramps, some for fishermen).

Closer to home:

Honey Creek State Park, on Grand Lake O' the Cherokees
Bernice State Park, on Grand Lake O' the Cherokees
Twin Bridges State Park, at the head of Grand Lake o' the Cherokees

and another 200 or so COE recreational access facilities or state park campgrounds on the NE Oklahoma reservoirs feeding Arkansas River system.

After I get out of Oklahoma, there are a lot more campgrounds with ramps on reservoirs in northwest and central west Arkansas, and southwest Missouri, also part of the Arkansas system. But my lifetime fishing license isn't valid in those two states.

This is mostly catfish and black bass country, but also silvers and stripers, some food fish for the bigger predators (crappie and sunfish), and really big spoonbills if you know where and when to look for them. The state maintains some trout streams, with limited seasons; these are not on navigable river systems, rather in some small mountain areas.

* This post was edited 03/03/12 06:24pm by tatest *

Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Boating and camping and fishing
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts