|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Auto park brake shoes

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
mrbobbo2

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/12 08:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 34 ft Allegro motorhome With a p-30 chassie, 1998, does any one where I can find brake shoes for this auto park brake. or a part number, Thanks

fischer

livingston, tx

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 08:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might try http://www.irv2.com/forums/
under the forums tab go to allegro (free forum like rv. net)

2005 Southwind 32vs F53 Retired
2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Blue ox Tow Bar

Weathertodd221

FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 09:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

got mine from rock auto. They are pricey. I found out after I ordered my local napa could get them for $10 more than I paid online.
Be ready for $250+

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 09:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will try to look on my NAPA box in the MH the shop was to put into it after buying a set of four.

They are 2"x11" brake shoes (at least on our 1992 chassis). If you will ask for 1980 Chevy 1/2 ton rear brake shoes you should have what you need.

Last fall I posted the specifics in another thread.

rvrev2

Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/12 09:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oldusedbear is helping me with my Autopark issue. He could answer your questions. He is GREAT!!!!! Here is a previous post of his:
A request to any forum members needing AutoPark help. Please contact me directly at oldusedbear11@charter.net - - and include the year model of your coach. We have so many requests that I no longer have time to scan the forums or check all the Private Message systems. Thanks much Roger - - aka oldusedbear at the AutoPark Library

1995 Jayco Designer 3430RK
2000 Chevy 1 ton, crew cab, long bed
B&W Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 09:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gjac wrote:

How do you know that you need new shoes? You may get by with just adjusting them. They really don't wear out from age unless you drive with the brake on for long distances. There is a slot at the top that you can adjust with a brake tool or large screw driver.

Good question.

The answer should be NEVER with Auto Park feature if it is working correctly (locking down tight when shifted into Park. As you noted in the parking brake usage it is NOT a wear point for the brake shoes in normal use.

Being mounted on the tail shaft if the rear transmission seal was to fail they could become oil soaked I guess.

Our chassis being OEM 14,800 pound rated do not require Auto Park feature due to having a parking pawl. When on our trip last fall in the process of getting under the steering wheel I lightly tagged the parking brake pedal but the warning light did not set and I glazed them. It did not hurt the drum however.

John Wayne

Long Beach, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 03:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have trouble finding it check with C.H. Topping in Long Beach I'm betting he can put new material on your old shoes for a fraction of the cost.

John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10
96 Toyota 4-Runner auto 4x4 (Remco, M&G brake system)
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 06:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How do you know that you need new shoes? You may get by with just adjusting them. They really don't wear out from age unless you drive with the brake on for long distances. There is a slot at the top that you can adjust with a brake tool or large screw driver.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 04:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rvrev2 wrote:

Oldusedbear is helping me with my Autopark issue. He could answer your questions. He is GREAT!!!!! Here is a previous post of his:
A request to any forum members needing AutoPark help. Please contact me directly at oldusedbear11@charter.net - - and include the year model of your coach. We have so many requests that I no longer have time to scan the forums or check all the Private Message systems. Thanks much Roger - - aka oldusedbear at the AutoPark Library

x2 on oldusedbear, he's FANTASTIC. He will answer any question you may have about the AutoPark System.

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 10:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here are the brake shoe sources from last fall.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Auto park brake shoes
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS