|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2 stroke oil in diesel

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
MB1

I'm on a boat

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 11:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I add Wal Mart TCW3 because it seems to quiet down my LBZ Duramax.

coolbreeze01

Redding, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 11:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went to 4-stroke outboards because I didn't like the smell of my ring-a-dings. We never added 2-stroke oil to the fuel of the 2-stroke Jimmy's........
Run whatever makes you feel good.

2008 Dodge 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

The Mad Norsky

Yankton, South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 12:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I feel kind of vindicated after getting my earlier post about sulfur and lubrication slammed.

So yes, I'm gonna rub it in a little here.

Small victories are better than none at all.

I may even drive my Ford 6.7L diesel around some today. What a daredevil I'm turning into!

Seriously, all this info on the new diesels is getting rather nauseating. Now I know what they mean when they say ignorance is bliss.

Supreme Oppressor

Grande Prairie, Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 12:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Suck squeeze bang blow - slang for the four cycles used in internal combustion engines - A.K.A. intake, compression, power and exhaust.

I have never put 2 cycle oil in my diesel but Canadian diesel has a higher minimum lubricity rating. It was mentioned on a recent (closed) thread regarding Fords 6.7 pump issues.

2006 F350 6.0 diesel cc lb srw
2004 Jayco Jayflight 30.5BHS

NewsW

US

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 12:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Supreme Oppressor wrote:

Suck squeeze bang blow - slang for the four cycles used in internal combustion engines - A.K.A. intake, compression, power and exhaust.

And I though you were talking about the SO or OL!

NewsW

US

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 11:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What ever happened to adding old fashioned whiskey?

The Mad Norsky

Yankton, South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 01:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bfast54 wrote:

Mad Norskey...........The only problem is............there are way too MANY people walking around Happy.

Yes, I know. I really, really like my new truck. Fun to drive, responsive, all sorts of neat stuff inside. Problem is, I read forums like this for entertainment, and frankly, I'm NOT entertained by all this doom and gloom.

Sure hope mine is the oddball that nothing happens to.

bfast54

Traverse City ,Mi.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 12:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mad Norskey...........The only problem is............there are way too MANY people walking around Happy.

2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2000 Cardinal 27RK LX
Prodigy Brake Controller
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 1300 /GPS
Doran Pressure Pro
VU Qube Satelite
Rally's attended so far-21
My Blog
Good Sam Member

DirtyOil

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 01:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gonna add my 2 bits...

As of Oct 1, 2010 all on/off road diesel sold in Canada was to be ULSD <15ppm Sulphur. ( June 1, 2006 on road diesel had to be ULSD <15ppm Sulphur sold in Canada)

Low luricicty diesel fuels (<15ppm Sulphur) are required to have lubricity additives added at the refinery in Canada (but not in the US).

Lab lubricity tests are poor (procedures) and may not show presence of additives.

Fuel viscosity effects nozzle spray patterns, filter restrictions and lubricity/wear.

Think about this... where there is bad fuel problems it not only effects one vehicle, it effects many vehicles. If only one vehicle is effected, then its due to dirt (poor maintenance, did I get dirt in the filter housing when changing the filter?) Did I routinely drain the fuel filter to check for water? Or poor quality filter(s).

Owning and operating a Diesel equipped vehicle requires alot more preventive maintenace then your run of the mill gasser. Some, if not all of the failures can be pinned on the owner/operator which one can blame on the manufacturers and sales hype, meaning did I really need a diesel powered truck? Or am I trying to keep up with Jones'?

I've seen way too many individuals jump in their diesel trucks, that have no idea when or how to change a fuel filter, check their oil, look under the hood for leaks etc.. Or even walk around their vehicle! Some of these people could't even change a tire let alone know where their jack is.

So, as for lubricity, us Canadians have you guys south of the 49th over a barrel as diesel fuel here is regulated, mandated to have the "ULSD" and added lubricity.

I suggest you'all come up north buy your fuel here and consume some real beer!

2013 Dodge 3500 CTD Crew 4x4 Laramie
2014 Sprinter Copper Canyon 269FWRLS
B&W turnover ball gooseneck hitch with Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel

GUTS GLORY RAM

NewsW

US

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 01:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Mad Norsky wrote:

Yes, I know. I really, really like my new truck. Fun to drive, responsive, all sorts of neat stuff inside. Problem is, I read forums like this for entertainment, and frankly, I'm NOT entertained by all this doom and gloom.

Sure hope mine is the oddball that nothing happens to.

Your post about sulfur providing lubricity is factually correct and supported by reputable science.

One of the art of forum reading is to not be stampeded by people jumping to conclusions or prescribing expensive "fixes" that may do more harm than good, rather than just doing no harm.

I do not think this is a big deal problem based on the facts to date.

Only a handful of mystery failures, and there are known paths for most customers to get the bill paid one way or another.

Now, it is a bigger problem in that someone from Bosch is probably reading this stuff, and working furiously on finding the problem and a fix... which takes time.

In the mean time, just enjoy your truck and not get hyped up or down!

Oh... note the precautions I laid out in other posts.. No non Ford approved fuel additives, etc.

Common sense protection.

If you are interested in the grapevine... listen closely for the orders for Bosch engineers to board the cattle wagons in Stuttgart to their new job in Siberia.

Then you will know the solution has been found.

* This post was edited 03/01/12 02:19pm by NewsW *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2 stroke oil in diesel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS