RV.Net Open Roads Forum: $ 4.05 Regular Gas Spotted In Seattle !!!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> $ 4.05 Regular Gas Spotted In Seattle !!!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 02:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been scanning news sources for more information but other than a TV news flash, nothing else is showing up backing the report. Perhaps it was over anxious news reporting?

Just breaking on the news 03/01/2012 01:39 PM

Oil Pipeline Explosion In Saudi Arabia, Futures Reacting Swiftly, Up $1.08 immediately.
Lets hope it's not that big a deal. Lets hope for Canadian oil pipelines sooner not later.

I want a "Mister Fusion"

J

* This post was edited 03/01/12 03:12pm by Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli *

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!

rehoppe

Denver & Nathrop Colo or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 03:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Price at the station on the corner yesterday was $3.159 for regular junk.

Hoppe
2011 Dodge 1500 C'boy Caddy
2000 Jayco C 28' Ford chassis w V-10 E450
Doghouse 36' or so Trophy Classic TT

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 03:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:

JoeChiOhki wrote:

LabMan1945 wrote:

It is amazing the price differential from point "a" to point "b". I just returned from a trip to Ohio where I found the cheapest diesel at $3.87. In Maine where I filled up at the end of the trip it was $4.23. Places in Conn, Mass and NY were up to $4.45. Luckily I took the Jetta TDI that got close to 46 MPG overall.
The planned trip for this summer to Alaska and MANY points in the north central and northwestern USA will go off despite the cost at this point. I have decided that I can't take it with me and may as well try to enjoy the fruits of my labor since I failed to play much while working.
Grant

That's the spirit and my thinking also. If you do the numbers on the added expense, it's not really going to make that significant of a change to the overall cost of a trip. 50 or a 100 dollars? It's not that big!
J

For my fall trip, the difference between $4.009 a gallon and $5.009 a gallon adds an additional $900 to the trip's cost.

My only problem is having enough time to save the additional money as I only have 6 months left before my contracts up.

You, hopefully, are going on a long extended trip of several thousand miles so, yeah, the more you go, the more it adds up.
There was a similar thread a while back I suggested getting out the cardboard signs like "Will Work Camp For Food" and "Why Lie! I Need Some Fuel" and hanging out at major intersections.
Smmoke a couple Swisher Sweets to offset the price of your Cigar passion. I know, I know, it'd be like smoking compost compared to what you are used to but we're talking road trip here.
You can do it Matt!

Actually, my cigar passion was already clipped, I buy cigars in bulk once every several months totalling no more than $30.

Current fuel bill at $5.009 would be roughly $4000 for 5700 miles traveled, not counting any mileage for running around an area to visit things, boiling out to roughly $0.70 a mile.

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

jjj

Lancaster,Ca.U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 03:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lancaster Calif. I saw this morning 4.31 and going up. They say 5.00 by may. Looks as if it is going to happen. 2 cars on the happy commute to work cost right now 900.00 a month for gas just to get to work.

2002 F-350 Crew-Cab Dually
V-10-4.30 gears Mag-Hytec diff.cover
w/Amsoil-6.0 trans cooler Curt Q5 20K hitch & bedsaver
2005 Keystone Challenger 34TBH-Fifth Airbourn

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 03:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jjj wrote:

Lancaster Calif. I saw this morning 4.31 and going up. They say 5.00 by may. Looks as if it is going to happen. 2 cars on the happy commute to work cost right now 900.00 a month for gas just to get to work.

I think as a rule just about anyone in the US should expect fuel prices to be artificially higher in California and a number of norther-eastern US states.

It's why I took California off my future travel plans list until sanity comes into control down there again, which is a shame because there were some neat things down there, but not worth getting bent over and hosed to see them.

rehoppe

Denver & Nathrop Colo or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 03:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jjj wrote:

Sure glad we got out of that habit! Work, that is.

bedrocker

lompoc ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 03:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There will never be sanity down here
it gets worse the longer I have lived
here ( which has been all my life)
p.s. your vote don't count here either!!!!

elkhornsun

Monterey

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 03:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When gas and diesel was cheap we wasted it on very inefficient and over-sized cars. Course now people waste it by speeding down the highway at 70-80 MPH and getting 25% lower MPG.

Fuel is still one of the least expensive parts of traveling. In a week we drive at most 400 miles and consume fuel that now costs us $115. We would spend that amount for a single night at a budget hotel and then be eating more expensive and far less healthy meals at local restaurants.

Roughly $0.70 cents goes to fuel taxes to pay for the roads and highways and bridges we use. Much of it is a subsidy for the trucking industry and big business but that is nothing new.

With men and women and children dying in Iraq and Libya and Nigeria to supply us with relatively cheap fuel it seems very callous to complain about what we pay in the USA even with the oil companies profiteering at a rapacious level.

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 04:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeChiOhki wrote:

JoeChiOhki wrote:

LabMan1945 wrote:

It is amazing the price differential from point "a" to point "b". I just returned from a trip to Ohio where I found the cheapest diesel at $3.87. In Maine where I filled up at the end of the trip it was $4.23. Places in Conn, Mass and NY were up to $4.45. Luckily I took the Jetta TDI that got close to 46 MPG overall.
The planned trip for this summer to Alaska and MANY points in the north central and northwestern USA will go off despite the cost at this point. I have decided that I can't take it with me and may as well try to enjoy the fruits of my labor since I failed to play much while working.
Grant

That's the spirit and my thinking also. If you do the numbers on the added expense, it's not really going to make that significant of a change to the overall cost of a trip. 50 or a 100 dollars? It's not that big!
J

For my fall trip, the difference between $4.009 a gallon and $5.009 a gallon adds an additional $900 to the trip's cost.

My only problem is having enough time to save the additional money as I only have 6 months left before my contracts up.

You, hopefully, are going on a long extended trip of several thousand miles so, yeah, the more you go, the more it adds up.
There was a similar thread a while back I suggested getting out the cardboard signs like "Will Work Camp For Food" and "Why Lie! I Need Some Fuel" and hanging out at major intersections.
Smmoke a couple Swisher Sweets to offset the price of your Cigar passion. I know, I know, it'd be like smoking compost compared to what you are used to but we're talking road trip here.
You can do it Matt!

Actually, my cigar passion was already clipped, I buy cigars in bulk once every several months totalling no more than $30.

Current fuel bill at $5.009 would be roughly $4000 for 5700 miles traveled, not counting any mileage for running around an area to visit things, boiling out to roughly $0.70 a mile.

I took a look at what you could expect to pay in additional fuel costs for 5700 miles. Depending on what value you place for original fuel price when planning began, your costs go up from between 500.00 and 1200.00 dollars or an additional .10 to .20 cents per mile traveled if you get 10 miles per gallon which is my mileage per gallon. If you are using $4.00 as your base price, the trip will cost you an additional $570.00 in Fuel if it goes to $5.00 per gallon.

unimogdave

Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 05:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The day is coming when we will be studying the trade winds before taking a trip. I typically get 20 CDN mpg at 70 mph (1/2 Chevy). Last summer I had an occassion to drive seconday HWY at posted 50 MPH and I got 25 MPG. Today corrected to 3.79 litres per US gallon, we are paying $4.80 US gallon in Toronto. Anyway I am hoping to do a 5500 mile trip to BC next summer from Ontario. We are going to budget about 2500 for gas so please be patient as you wait to pass me, I am the one doing 55MPH.

I am also considering travelling through the Northern states to save money on gas if I get a passport.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> $ 4.05 Regular Gas Spotted In Seattle !!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS