|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> FT. Wilderness

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Ziphead2

Newark

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 07:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thinking about leaving delaware in a 5TH Wheel and going to FT. Wilderness in May. Any suggestions or a route or the park? Any help or ideas are always welcome. Thanks

josten367

Columbia, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 07:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have heard nothing but good things about the park. We will be going in June. The only thing that I don't like is that you have to pay extra for a premium site. Never really got out of them what a premium site is but I did read that it has more room and closer to amenities. Good luck and enjoy and let me know what you find out when you get there.

2012 Palomino Puma Bunkhouse 5th Wheel 295KBH
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 Gas with Flowmasters
B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Eycom

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 07:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When you get to Fl on I-95, take I-10 west to US Hwy 301, and go south to Ocala. Pick up I-75 and travel south to the Florida Turnpike. Take it south to Orlando. Disney isn't far from the Turnpike and you'll miss a lot of heavy traffic down the east coast and along I-4 thru Orlando. Of course, the turnpike will cost you, but it's worth it.

RVn Full-time

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 07:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From DE I would take 95 S to 896 to 301/50 west... cross the Bay Bridge and continue on 301 .Take 301 S down to 95 ( about 29 miles north of Richmond ).. take 95 S to 295 S around Richmond and back to 95 S.. All the way to Florida. Depending on the time of day you plan on going arond JAcksonville you can either go around ,,or directly threw on 95... take 95 to 4 west to Disney...Depending on how much driving you want to in a day there are several good stops between DE and Florida..... Did you make reservations at The Fort yet ??

Me-Her-the kids
2009 Ford F350 SD 6.4
08 Montego Bay
Here are my pictures

Ziphead2

Newark

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 08:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yes we made the reservations today- no-problem. I appreciate all the help and information. We will most certainly let everyone know how we made out. We plan on stoping overnight before we get there/thanks again!

parrothead7368

Shamong, NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 11:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go to fortfiends.net for anything you want to know about Fort Wilderness and more. They have a lot of Trip reports, pictures etc. Also, if you decide to go down 95 to 4, I recommend going around Jacksonville on 9A. It is simple on and off 95 and a lot nicer ride than going through J-Ville. I stopped at Exit 3 in GA and the Fort was about 3.5 hours from there. There are a couple campgrounds along 95 in that area. We got to the Fort at 11Am and waited an hour for our site to be ready, worked out great. Have fun!

Best Regards,
Norm

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 11:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Search this forum for `Ft. Wilderness' and read what has already been posted.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two bikes (both Electric Schwinn's with motor assist)

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 11:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Wife is an independent contractor with Disney... If anyone needs help with reservations at the Fort or any Disney Property drop me a PM... Joe

Lady Ann

MiddleNowhere Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 04:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just an FYI about the site designations. The difference between the Full Hook-Up and Preferred is location. They are laid out the same - partial hard pad, partial soft pad -sand-coquina- and full hook ups. But the Preferred sites are all located near the Marina. The Full Hook Ups are closer to the Settlement Area.

Premium sites have no soft pad. They are completely paved-concrete. They have also had the front entrance widened to help with the backing in.

fortfiend.net Has great descriptions, diagrams and maps to show where all the sites are located. They are also in the beta stage of a program that gives you the actual picture of the sites with no one in them.

There are other places to get information too. I just happen to like that one best.

03Ultra

Central Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/12 11:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've stayed several times. The preferred sites are closer to the loop bus stops and marina (water taxi to the Magic Kingdom). Great place to stay and once you are there, all you use is Disney transportation.

2004 Itasca 36M Workhorse

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> FT. Wilderness
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS