|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> KZ Sportsmen

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
CamperWill

Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 11:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So.. just thought I should share that we just purchased our first TT, a 2012 KZ Sportsmen S242SBH (showstopper), which is a nice upgrade from our PUP.

We saw the S242BH at a show a couple of weeks ago and decided the slide-out model would be perfect for us. We spent about 8 hours at the show looking at all the TT's and HTT's and picked this one for the length, weight, price, fiberglass, and the fact that it has bunks.

I am a bit disappointed that I don't see any forums dedicated to the sportsmen, besides the sportsmen classic. Anyone know of any?

What is some general maintenance to do on a TT?

Does anyone have a manual(PDF) for this camper? The manufacturer said that manuals are not available at this time, but that I would get one with the camper.. which we pickup this weekend!

2007 GMC Envoy 4.2L I6
2012 KZ Sportsmen S242SBH
Prodigy P3 & Reese Dual Cam

smildrum

Durham,Maine

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 12:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A new forum was just started for KZ Owners it is...KZOwnersForum.com. The old one was full of spam and trashy stuff.

3&acat

Whitby, Ontario Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 12:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats on the new camper. We went from a 1999 Coleman PUP to a 2004Jayco hybrid to a 2006 Jayco TT and last year at RV show in Toronto moved to a 2011 KZ Sportmen. After 1 year & many night & miles (Ks) very happy with this unit.

2014 Ram 1500 QC,SXT package, 4x4, 3.92, Hemi and back-up camera, OME brake controllor, 121 L gas tank &&
2011 KZ Sportsmen S261RK
Champ 4000/3000 gen.

U.P. BLDR

Upper Peninsula of Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 02:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats on the new rig! Post up some pics when you get a chance.

1981 Sunline 17 1/2SB - under construction
2003 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD 4x4 4.7lt

sandersmr

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 02:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will probably get a packet of information on all the appliances as well as a very general owners manual on the TT itself. I have a Classic and the manual read like it was written for the bigger trailers.

You will do a pre-delivery inspection with your dealer's rep - probably someone in their service department. Take the time to make sure you understand all the switches buttons, knobs etc. They should go through the operation of everything with you. Don't be afraid to take notes, photos or even video. A lot of information will be thrown at you in a short amount of time.

Congratulations on your purchase. I looked at your trailer at the RV show and thought it was a nice looking unit.

Maggie

Sportsmen Classic 16BH
2002 F150 Supercrew 4.6 L V8

zackyboy3rs

Eastern North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 08:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I will tell you my experience but remember all manufactures have a bad one now and then. I too purchased the same model as you except mine was a 2010. 242sbhs. Had all the bells and wistles. Electric jack motor and awning motors went out, slide out seal leaked when traveling in rain, furnace did not work and so forth.

We found there was not enough inside storage and seems to need one more cabinet. Warranty did cover all items and had discussion about sending back to factory.
....well short of it is now we own a Jayco.

Again I know all brands have bad ones just like autos but to us this was excessive.

2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS

CamperWill

Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 04:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zackyboy3rs wrote:

Well I will tell you my experience but remember all manufactures have a bad one now and then. I too purchased the same model as you except mine was a 2010. 242sbhs. Had all the bells and wistles. Electric jack motor and awning motors went out, slide out seal leaked when traveling in rain, furnace did not work and so forth.

We found there was not enough inside storage and seems to need one more cabinet. Warranty did cover all items and had discussion about sending back to factory.

Again I know all brands have bad ones just like autos but to us this was excessive.

Thanks for the input. Those failures do seem a bit excessive, did you have any problems getting the items repaired with the warranty?

spadoctor

Clinton Corners, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 06:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KZ is a great company to deal with and build quality units. All trailers are built fast and can have problems...thats why the dealer gets paid to do a PDI. Also remember a unit is as good as the dealer. My dealer...we have an 07 KZ Durango TT...has been fantastic. We had a small delam problem and when we took it to the dealer the factory didn't shy away. We took it to the factory in Oct 2011 for repair and they wound up putting on a new roof also.... a problem with the membrane backing that KZ Jayco and others had that year, All at no charge. Use your camper and enjoy....don't worry be happy.

zackyboy3rs

Eastern North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 01:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CamperWill wrote:

zackyboy3rs wrote:

No. I am sure KZ is a good company. I would buy another one of their products but maybe upper end 5th wheel at retirement. I will add that I really liked the length, weight and look (mine was aluminum sidding). Handled very well. Just needed another place to put cloths or something.

Thanks for the input. Those failures do seem a bit excessive, did you have any problems getting the items repaired with the warranty?

zackyboy3rs

Eastern North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 01:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spadoctor wrote:

KZ is a great company to deal with and build quality units. All trailers are built fast and can have problems...thats why the dealer gets paid to do a PDI. Also remember a unit is as good as the dealer. My dealer...we have an 07 KZ Durango TT...has been fantastic. We had a small delam problem and when we took it to the dealer the factory didn't shy away. We took it to the factory in Oct 2011 for repair and they wound up putting on a new roof also.... a problem with the membrane backing that KZ Jayco and others had that year, All at no charge. Use your camper and enjoy....don't worry be happy.

x2

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> KZ Sportsmen
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS