|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Grub

Pierre

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 10:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pnichols,

I don't have any mount for the TV, no solid place to really mount it and being in a pop-up being able to move the TV around when not in use is pretty important. In an RV I'm sure that it wouldn't be as much of an issue as you've got an apartment on wheels!

If/when we upgrade to a full sized TT or something more substantial I'm sure that a wall mount would come in handy! It's nice to be able to watch a movie and not worry about having to bring a long a portable generator, or worry about running our battery dead while we catch a show away from shore power!

Any day enjoying the great outdoors beats any day enjoying your 8x8 office cube!

CloudDriver

New Jersey Shore

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/12 11:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We recently upgraded from our old 13 inch TV to an LG 26 inch LED LCD TV. By mounting it on a full motion arm, the much larger TV stores on the diagonal inside the same cabinet that held the old TV. We now have about 4 times the screen area with less power consumption.

Also, for your consideration, when shopping for the new TV, we found that many TV's had problems with viewing angle, particularly in the vertical direction. When viewed from slightly below, as would be the case in the RV, the picture quality was very poor to awful. Also, many of the small TV's had poor sound quality, due to the small speakers. The LG we wound up buying had the best viewing angles in all directions and had reasonably good sound. It also had a headphone jack, in case we decided to use external speakers.

2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450

j-d

Sunny Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/12 08:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

26" Insignia (Best Buy house brand) and $30 VideoSecu full motion mount. Mounted to front end of a cabinet and it swings to the outside wall where I have a bungee to keep it in place for travel. Parked, it swings out to just beyond the cabinets.

If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

hotbyte

Barnesville GA

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 08:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My original plan was similar to yours 4BeachCampers but design of the old TV cabinet was conducive to doing that. Would've liked to have kept that cabinet space. Good job!

Our Web Albums Temporary Web Albums
2006 Yellowstone SE, 1998 Dodge Durango SLT 5.2L and 2011 Tidewater 1900 Bay Max

4BeachCampers

Lakewood, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 06:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just finished my tv mods & i'm really happy with both of them. Originally, we had older TVs inside the cupboards -they took up the whole thing, barely space for the remote control. Both mods, I removed the cupboard door(s) & built an angled panel, added a piano hinge, and I mounted the tv(s) directly on it. Nice thing is the cupboard(s) still opens as normal and we gained alot more space.

Back bedroom:

Front at the cabover:

2005 Ford Four Winds Chateau Sport 28A

Capt.Storm

Brockport NY.

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 06:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

Grub,

That 24 in. Naxa Flat Screen LED TV looks like an excellent TV for RVs.

Especially for drycamping .. it just sips the battery power because it uses LED backlighting. It's the largest size (24 in) flat screen LED TV I've come across that can still be powered directly from a 12V RV receptacle. That built-in DVD player is also extremely difficult to find in a 12V powered LED flat screen TV of any size. It appears to have swing-arm mounting bracket holes in it's backside, too.

Great choice!

Mines a naxa 22" with dvd/12 volt..love it but I'm going to check out the 24" led..even better yet!

cozzy

New York

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 10:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the posts. I love the idea of mounting on a cabinet door and using the back for storage. It seems vizio is the most common one. Will definately check out different mounting ideas.

danskool

Elma, N.Y.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/14/12 04:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When i was TV shopping i did a lot of reading here and Vizio was the most common. I waited for a sale. Once a sale hit i downloaded the manual before i went to purchase it. I found out it didn't have external output audio jack plug connections. That was a deal breaker for me. I switched gears and ended up with a samsung 26" LCD. Has the audio output connections. This enables me to plug into the back of my factory rigs radio to broadcast throughout the camper plus with the AC on which is so loud. A lot of the TV's speaker volume is lower (even my samsung) that i would like. Just thought i would through that at you. Something to consider. I know a lot of folks with campers and the LCD's/Led's and they love the tv but wished the volume was louder.

My DVD player has an audio out connection as well as my dish receiver, But the connections would get complicated. So now with my TV audio outputs, what ever the tv is broadcasting the house stereo will blast. Regardless of what accessory i am using (dish/dvdplayer)

Dan

2005 Crossroads Cruiser 27RL
2001 F250 XLT 7.3 PSD

W4MBG

Williamsburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/12 07:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we went to the rv show last weekend. LOTS of vizios in the new rvs. class A, C, FW, TT. i guess the nonsense about rv-specific tvs due to vibration issues is done.

1999 Winnebago Minnie, 29', Triton V10, mostly stock. So far...

hrgermany

granada hills ca usa

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/12 11:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I first installed a 22"Toshiba flat screen Tv in the entertainment center,but do to the viewing angle I count not get a clear picture.
So I went with a 22"Flat Screen Sharp TV that has a DVD player.That
changed the viewing angle and gives me a niece clear picture.

Hans Rueckert
1995 BF 26FT RSB

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS