|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> This Is Getting Old

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Crowe

Billerica, MA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/12 07:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Praying for everyone's safety. I'll take my snow and cold, thank you. I don't know how those in tornado country handle it.

Subscribe to the 3 "L" rule-don't stop livin', lovin' and learnin'

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

camperforlife

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 08:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doug I hear you! I have family in Athens and they barely escaped the damage AGAIN today. There were in Huntsville and had a difficult time getting home. We were texting back and forth as we were under the gun here in Indiana as well. A lot of damage south of us and the death toll is up to 9. We still have 50 mph wind gusts tonight.

Doug4.7

Hartselle, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 09:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, my sister's house in Kentucky was damaged today. No injuries, so insurance will cover the damage, but still... Now I have to check on my brother in Indiana. I just heard of damage near the town where he lives.

As I wrote before, this is getting old.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 09:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our local meteorologist said there were over 50 tornadoes reported yesterday (and there could have been more last night?). But probably the thing that "said it all" for me was a local guy who's a Storm Chaser said he WASN'T going to chase yesterday because it was going to be "too crazy - too dangerous".

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 09:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Missed us, I think it went south of us but not sure. .We had a warning though for the county I'm parked in, and the one I'll be in 3 weeks from now as well.

I can not stress the value of a good Weather/All Hazards alert radio enough. I was reading the death toll this morning, Mostly in KY and states north.

But I keep thinking, if these folks had warning from such a radio, they might still be among the living.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 09:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The new ones for today are reaching northern Florida.We are just in the possible line.

Other half is camping with the angels,Riding alone for now.

2008 3500 Dodge Ram CTD dually 4X4 SOLD
2007 Gulfstream Endura Max 40 SOLD
2001 Polaris Ranger 4X4 SOLD
Harley Dyna Lowrider.

Mod Pics

rvten

Crossville,TN

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 10:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Two dead in Rinnie, TN about 10 miles north of Crossville. This was on WE'D night storms.

Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

shysher

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 07:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The most recent report is that there are 14 dead from the tornadoes here in Indiana as well as 20 in Kentucky. A little 2 year old girl was found in a field 10 miles from her home and is in critical condition in a hospital in Louisville KY. Her mother and siblings were all killed by the tornado. Reports are that it completely wiped out Marysville IN.

My DH is a core weather spotter and was tracking the storms the majority of the day and sending me updates via text to me so I could keep abreast of the situation.

Prayers go out for all who were affected by the storms.

Sherry

shysher

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 07:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So sad. The little girl passed away that they found in a field. The entire family was killed by the tornado. DH is going with a group from our church to help with the relief efforts. It will take a long time for all that were affected to recover and the emotional impact will be long-lasting. Prayers out to everyone.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 11:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Dad, stepmom, and another couple were driving back from FL to Michigan, and their last night on the road was Thursday night on the very S end of Indiana. They got a phone call early in the AM from the front desk, saying "If you're headed north - you need to go NOW". They were puzzled - but left. My stepmom took a picture of the Henryville exit sign, because her grandson is named Henry - little did she know that a tornado would devastate the town shortly afterward. God Bless whoever took the time to make sure their guests didn't drive into those storms....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> This Is Getting Old
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS