|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> telephones

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
2oldman

The Q

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 08:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

frankdamp wrote:

if you use a cell phone just for making phone calls, you don't need all that fancy crap.
I like all that fancy crap.

fcooper

Richmond Hill, Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/12 09:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidKaye wrote:

You can save money with prepaid service from Straight Talk, Net10, and Tracfone with NO CONTRACT. They have national footprint covering 99% of the U.S. population. This gives you service everywhere cellular service is available.
Sidney

There's also page plus that uses verizon network. You can bring your own android device.
Fred

Fred & Vicki
Richmond Hill, Ga
2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor/Freightliner/330 Cat
2000 Honda Odyssey toad w SMI Silent Partner braking system
TST507 TPMS

kidkasha

Ventura County

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 10:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

z

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 10:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Debi and I both have Iphone4s, mine is with Verizon, hers is with AT&T, both with unlimited data usage. I switched because my portion of the contract was up. We kept both to "test" the coverage. Verizon wins hands down. There was one place in southern Oregon that had ATT service and only spotty Verizon but everywhere else where coverage was questionable, I had Verizon 3G and she had either no coverage or Edge....we will dump ATT once her contract expires...go with Verizon, get their MiFi and you're good......Dennis

MY SENSE OF HUMOR IS THE MAIN REASON I'LL MOST LIKELY GO TO HELL !
Dennis and Debi Fifth Year Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Your Old Dog

Western New York

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 06:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Son of Norway wrote:

x2 for Verizon. Best nation-wide coverage, especially in the boonies.

Miles

Absolutely correct! We went from Buffalo, NY to the West Coast and had coverage about %95 of the time. Drive for hours and see nothing but prairie, barbwire fence and occasional cell towers in the middle of nowhere.

We have a 4g smartphone and call forwarding at home. Our calls were forwarded to our cell and we used our computer linked to cell for normal computer operation.

Unless tomorrow has been promised to you, you better get busy today.

wny_pat

Western NYS

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 07:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Executive wrote:

Debi and I both have Iphone4s, mine is with Verizon, hers is with AT&T, both with unlimited data usage. I switched because my portion of the contract was up. We kept both to "test" the coverage. Verizon wins hands down. There was one place in southern Oregon that had ATT service and only spotty Verizon but everywhere else where coverage was questionable, I had Verizon 3G and she had either no coverage or Edge....we will dump ATT once her contract expires...go with Verizon, get their MiFi and you're good......Dennis
Dennis, you have not been to my stick and brick in the wilds of western NYS yet. No AT&T inside, but Verizon works great. But AT&T does work in the back yard with 4 bars. Got rid of AT&T just because of that. People would come and visit and have service on their some other service phone and mine refused to receive anything.

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

SRT

Head of the Lakes, MN

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 08:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been using Verizon for 5-6 years. First with tethering a phone, now with a smart-phone with a Wi-Fi hot spot. Verizon, as far as I can tell, has the best coverage in the woods, on the prairie, etc..

Sully2

Cincinnati

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 08:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wny_pat wrote:

Executive wrote:

Dennis, you have not been to my stick and brick in the wilds of western NYS yet. No AT&T inside, but Verizon works great. But AT&T does work in the back yard with 4 bars. Got rid of AT&T just because of that. People would come and visit and have service on their some other service phone and mine refused to receive anything.

Im 1 1/2 miles away from a Verizon tower....cant get ANY signal at all..no bars at all.

2000 Country Coach Allure; Cummins ISC 330 HP; 71/2 - 8 MPG regardless
2002 Jeep Liberty

BigSkyBob

Helena, Montana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 09:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another thing to consider with Verizon is they give military folks a 15% discount off the monthly bill total. I've been getting the 15% discount for years so I know it's a valid offering.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ, 4 slides, 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab 4x4. Blue Ox, Garmin 760 LRM GPS, Doran Pressure pro on all 10, M&G Brake, 50 amp SurgeGuard, FMCA, Coachnet.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> telephones
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS