|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> RV dealer

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
SDM

KANSAS CITY MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/12 06:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone purchased an rv from RV For Less in Knoxville, Tenn. If you have what kind of experience did you have good or bad?

Randu

South Central Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/12 09:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't have any experience but Knoxville, TN RV 4 less has had many good comments on the DRV owners forum. Randu

2014 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
LB,4x4,Duramax
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

driver311

tn

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 04:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i think first off. we should all be talking about the same dealer!

i have dealt with RV For LESS in knoxville,TN.

if i can buy the same trailer from them for 10000 less i would be stupid to buy any place else. its the same trailer you can look at any other dealer WHY would you spend the extra money?????????

driver311

Eycom

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 09:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I work with a 50 year old national company. We sell relatively big ticket items and lots of them, to businesses nationwide. We've had an active file with the BBB since 1970. Even done business quite satisfactorily with the local BBB in a large city in California.

Several years ago, our rating dropped to a C based on 13 complaints over a three year period. Imagine... out of approximately 90,000 orders, there were 13 complaints, of which all but two were actually handled by customer service and two were pending. We now enjoy an A rating. What we had to do to get that change, I'll never know. However, it makes me wonder if membership is actually worth the costs. But, that decision is above my pay grade.

* This post was edited 04/13/12 12:17pm by an administrator/moderator *

RVn Full-time

econometrics

35000'

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 08:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RVs For Less relies on selling trailers for no money but in return offering no service. They have no parts department, no finance department, and no service department. I think once the sales market returns to a more stable source of business, they'll quickly find themselves replaced by a more reputable establishment.

On a side note - I'm a fan of religion, but they really push the subject. Last time I was there they tried to pray for me because I didn't accept their charitable propaganda.

There are plenty of other competitive dealers that have made investments in offering you the full service after the sale. I'd look beyond this company.

TheAmRheins

Elizabethtown IN USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 08:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

But if you are buying from out of state anyway, it really does not matter to you if there is a service or parts department. I have not dealt with them, but they appear to offer great prices on the units that many full timers buy.

Ken & Kathy
Ruben(the cat)& Tiadora (nother cat)
2003 Chev 3500 D/A Dually
2009 Landmark Augusta

rkmeyer

utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/12 03:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I purchased a 5th wheeler from RVS FOR LESS in Knoxville,TN. last year. I drove over 1900 miles to do business with them. They have a great business and doubt if they have had any BBB bad reports. The service was great, the help is very knowledgeable, they do have a parts dept. Butch and Karen were very helpful in deciding on which type of RV and which extras to add.
Found another business in Nevada with same name. Would not do any business with the one in Nevada. The only true RVS FOR LESS IS LOCATED IN KNOXVILLE,TN. AND NO OTHER PLACE.

Artemus Gordon

Redding California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/23/12 11:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Advice is correct . BBB ' particularly don't have good ratings for Non Members. Ran extremely large Customer Service oriented business and never belonged to BBB. My ratings were not that high. Two complaints lodged agaist me were not even my customers! So take it with small quantity of sodium!

Natbyrd

TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/12 05:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let's do talk about the correct RVS for Less. RVS for Less in Knoxville, TN is a family owned business. Butch and Karen are the most down to earth folks you will ever work with. We have bought 3 5th wheels campers over the last 7 years and haven't had any problems with both the sell process or any service work that might need to be done. Even tho they are a Heartland/DRV dealership, they have worked on other makes/models as well.

The dealership in Marietta GA, also going by the name RVS for Less, might be the one with the bad reviews. It is not and let me stress again, is not owned by Butch and Karen. Don't let the family owned business fool you to think it's the same folks - it's not.

thedoghouse

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/12 06:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ive done business also with RVS FORLESS and Butch and Karen have been great. No issues at all and as posted above they are very religious people and im PROUD they stand up for GOD.

2008 Holiday Rambler Presidential Suite 36 RLT
2011 Ford F350 CC DRW B&W Companion

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> RV dealer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: