RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Bye Bye Cheaters!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Bye Bye Cheaters!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 07:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

now do all of you who pull a toad 4 down and then sell it and report mileage on the form, do you put an *** in and say it also has 50,000 miles being towed?
bumpy

Kamphiker

South Florida (this 'aint paradise anymore)

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 07:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

now do all of you who pull a toad 4 down and then sell it and report mileage on the form, do you put an *** in and say it also has 50,000 miles being towed?
bumpy

So if you tow one backwards do you show negative Miles on the form

2006 Winnebago Outlook WF324V
2009 Honda CR-V 2wd TOAD ......Campgrounds in the Smoky Mountains NP
Last Camping trip ->2011 SUMMER SMOKY MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK

B's Bunch

Shelbyville, TN. USA Why live any where else?

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 07:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

bumpy

I was asked and I told them. no problem jeep sold in a few days

Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T The Double Wide

Weathertodd221

FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 07:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder if they were prosecuted in the same court as the mattress tag removers?

BTW... its easier to reprogram the newer digital speedometers. Seems to be a really popular service for "leased" vehicles.

okgc

Southern Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 07:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the early 80's I was trading-in a high mileage Chevy Impala when the Salesman told me. "When your car gets off the car carrier in Kentucky it will have 50,000 fewer miles"
My reply "I don't think you are suppose to be telling me that"

2010 Tiffin Allegro RED 36 QSA with Chevy HHR or GMC Envoy
Alaska bound in 2015

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 09:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really had no idea anyone was dumb enough to still be doing that with todays computer congtrolled vehicles. Not a big problem to find out the ACTUAL mileage if anyone cares to look.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 09:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gale Hawkins wrote:

Crime does not pay in the end.

Oh, I don't know about that, If not for Crime we would not need police, and that means we would not need police dispatchers and I get a monthly check from the state because for a bit over a quarter century I got paid by the state to tell said police where to go.

So in a manner of speaking,,, I'm paid by Crime.

And considering a few of the govermanures I've worked for.... Well... The odd spelling was for a reason.. They should have served their second term... In prison.

I will admit though: I did have the pleasure of arraigning for one legislator's 2nd term... Though the jail term was not nearly as long as I thought it should be.. (But I'm not the judge)

(Internet tag line: Two terms for every politican, one in office, one in jail)

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Weathertodd221

FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 10:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

skipnchar wrote:

I really had no idea anyone was dumb enough to still be doing that with todays computer congtrolled vehicles. Not a big problem to find out the ACTUAL mileage if anyone cares to look.

how would you find out the "actual" mileage of a vehicle you didnt own?
The service is pretty rampant in major metro areas where leases are the only things that move vehicles off the lot anymore.

J-Rooster

Port Orchard, Wa. / Lake Havasu City, Az.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 01:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

bumpy
Bumpy, even when I towed my Saturns back in the day (they didn't record milage towing all four down) when I sold them I reported the towed miles. I currently own a Toyota that racks up all miles, when I go to sell it I'll report to the buyer how many actually miles the engine has on it (it will be way less). Honesty is the only way to go in life! IMHO it brings victory into your life which allows you to be worry free.

kjbkjb

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/12 06:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

I recall that back in the early 60's there was a huge car dealership in Langhorn, PA, named Reedman Chevrolet, that had a building clearly labeled "Speedometer Shop" near their private test drive road course. All of their used cars had zero mileage on them, or just a few test drive miles. They made it known to potential buyers that they reset all of the speedometers on the basis that mileage was not a good indicator of car condition. It was, and may still be, legal to reset or alter a speedometer reading in most/all states, as long as buyers are made aware of it.

I grew up in a family owned new car dealership and I think the laws at the time were by state and not federal as they are now. Back in the 50s and 60s in WI it was legal to “zero” a speedometer but not to roll it back partially. The purchaser obviously was aware of the rollback to zero and then it just became a matter of did they trust the dealer to be disclosing the accurate mileage before the rollback. Mileage disclosure statements from the previous owner hadn’t been introduced yet. There were lots of dealers getting in trouble for partial rollbacks which were easy to do. Usually they were strictly used car dealers who purchased high mileage cars at auctions and made them low mileage cars on their lots. I do remember several customers asking us to “zero” an odometer before they took delivery of a used car.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Bye Bye Cheaters!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS