|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> New Sprinter

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
31 tundra

Elizabethtown, PA.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 06:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We now own a 2012 Sprinter 327FLS. Drove 450 miles with my trade and 450 miles back with the new Sprinter. Everything went well. Come on camping season.

At the first truck stop

At the dealer

King size bed

Bathroom sinks

During PDI looking front

2005 Ford E-350 V-10
2012 Keystone Sprinter 327FLS

garysol

Avon Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 07:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks nice!! Come on spring!

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 CTD SRW, Pullrite Superglide 18k on a picture frame.
2012 Komfort 3530fbh, Sailun S637, Ground Control

wbwood

Lake Norman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 07:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats on your sprinter. Hope you like yours as well as we have liked ours. The only thing is I wish we didn't do the bunks. At least right now. We only have one child at home and a bunkhouse is an overkill somewhat. But my wife mentioned the other day about letting my daughter bring a friend camping with us from time to time, so I guess it will be better. We will probably trade up in another 4 years or so. Just depends.

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L
ACME Tow Dolly
2007 Toyota Yaris (Toad)

Kevin O.

Connecticut

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 07:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very NICE!!!! What is the length and weight on that?? King size bed! Love the interior! Good luck with it...

KEVIN
DW-Debbie
DS-Tyler 9yrs old
DD-Makayla 6yrs old
MERIDEN,CT
2001 Ford Powerstroke F350 Lariat
2012 Keystone Outback 292BH

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 08:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

31 tundra wrote:

We now own a 2012 Sprinter 327FLS. Drove 450 miles with my trade and 450 miles back with the new Sprinter. Everything went well. Come on camping season.

At the first truck stop

At the dealer

King size bed

Bathroom sinks

During PDI looking front

WOW all I can say having towed with full sized regular box vans since 1978 (that's 34 years and close to 200K miles) and not the extended one you have I have decided my length limit at around 30 to 31' for the 138WB Ford van and at almost 36' for your trailer and over 1.2K over the max tow limit of 10K and 1K hitch wt you need to really watch your actual hitch wt. ... that is one big tail for you dog. I wouldn't tow that without a Pullrite with anything less that an extended or crewcab WB type vehicle.

Personally I would not try and tow that trailer with my heavier Diesel regular box length E350 unless I went to the 20K/2K Pullrite hitch system. Vans are GREAT TVs, but still have practicable limits and IMO you are past those with normal hitches.

Larry

2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

31 tundra

Elizabethtown, PA.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/12 06:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for your concern Larry.I felt quite comfortable towing the TT 450 miles from the dealer. I set the dual cam up myself, not the dealer, and I have some tweeking to do as I go with more weight. With the wind I was dealing with on the way back, I could not have been more pleased with the handling of the rig. This TT is not any longer than the one I traded in. It is heavier and a few inches taller, which increases the windage. I upgraded my receiver, spring bars and gears in the van. I am ready to tow. I do not believe I will ever hit the gross weight of the trailer. I like to give the equipment I use, credit for doing the job for which I have bought it for.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> New Sprinter
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS