|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Limited to 6 people around our fire

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Devocamper

West Haven CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/12 10:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe you should use a common area or campground pavilion instead of your site, I have to agree with others that I would not be happy trying to enjoy a quite evening at my fire with my wife and have you and your 40 friends in the next site. I am sure you’re all fine people but 40 people on a campsite are a bit much.

08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A

johntank

North MS

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 11:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JesLookin wrote:

It's a campground rule. Live with it or move on. The campground is not obligated to prove anything to anybody.

If it is the campground rule why would the owner not let him see it or have it posted. Hear say does not make it so, evern if it's from the owner in my book.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 02:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the owner tells you something, they can darn well enforce it. It doesn't have to be shown to you, written down, posted or anything else. There is no way we could post a rule regarding every potential situation that could arise. If we don't like something, we tell you to stop. If you don't, we tell you to leave. Most of the rules revolve around safety, courtesy and common sense. We are constantly amazed how many people don't get those simple principles. Hence we have to be the big bad ogres enforcing all sorts of unwritten and unseen rules. Comes with the job.

* This post was edited 03/04/12 02:36pm by an administrator/moderator *

JesLookin

Appleton,WI

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 02:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd stay this guy's place anytime.

2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD, Crew Cab

huskerwife

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/12 02:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

If the owner tells you something, they can darn well enforce it. It doesn't have to be shown to you, written down, posted or anything else. There is no way we could post a rule regarding every potential situation that could arise. If we don't like something, we tell you to stop. If you don't, we tell you to leave. Most of the rules revolve around safety, courtesy and common sense. We are constantly amazed how many people don't get those simple principles. Hence we have to be the big bad ogres enforcing all sorts of unwritten and unseen rules. Comes with the job.

I agree that Western CG operator is the type of host that I would like to stay at.........I can only imagine what the camp owners/managers have to put up with....

Our winter campground had a family of teenagers arrive for a weekend..they immediately began "terrorizing" the entire campground with their motorcycles, and golf carts...racing around the trails...

That continued late at night (quiet time was supposedly 10;00)...the next morning, while they were still sleeping, I walked by a fence borderinng the horseshoe pits.....the fence had been knocked down by one of their vehicles during these night-time races...

By 11:00AM that family was loading up and moved out by 12:00.........a whole lot of people let go of a collective and appreciative sigh...thank you to CG operators who police people who won't police themselves..

lots2seeinmyrv

Cumberland, MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/12 03:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Devocamper wrote:

Maybe you should use a common area or campground pavilion instead of your site, I have to agree with others that I would not be happy trying to enjoy a quite evening at my fire with my wife and have you and your 40 friends in the next site. I am sure you’re all fine people but 40 people on a campsite are a bit much.

I agree, find a campground with a campground pavilion to use and do not disturb others.

2010 Tundra TRD 4x4 Dbl Cab 5.7L V8 4.30 Max Tow 10,300 Payload 1,640 Class IV Hitch 1,030
Prodigy P2 - Blue Ox Sway Pro 10K/1K lbs
2012 Evergreen Ever-lite 29FK

mayo30

Up here in the cold,cold north.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/12 05:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

johntank wrote:

JesLookin wrote:

It's a campground rule. Live with it or move on. The campground is not obligated to prove anything to anybody.

If it is the campground rule why would the owner not let him see it or have it posted. Hear say does not make it so, evern if it's from the owner in my book.

It really doesn't matter if it is written or not,is seeing it on paper
going to make it more official

dieharder

Ottawa, ON

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/12 08:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While I agree that the campground owner is free to make whatever darn rules they want, I think this one is pretty darn stupid. 6 people? Our close friends have 2 kids. We have 1. We have to remain separate because we couldn't gather on the same site? I don't think so. However, one must realize that, if there is such a rule, there is more than likely a situation that came up that warranted it.

If we're talking 40 people here, we must be talking something like 15-20 sites or more. If these 40 people were camped together and gathered on a centrally located site within that group, then there would not have been complaints. However, if all 40 gathered on a perimeter site where there are others who were not a part of the gathering in close proximity, then they can blame themselves for any complaints that came.

One thing I do have to wonder about is the size of a campfire needed to get 40 people around. When we camp just the 3 of us, of course our campfire is relatively small. But if you're setting up a mini-bonfire for 40 people on your site, then I can see where the owner would have some concerns about insurance.

1999 Itasca Sunrise

WandaLust2

TN

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 11:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cvtl wrote:

Last year and this we started something we call "Rivertails". We camp on the Suwannee river.......

Never heard of it. Guests from OUTSIDE the CG, yes. But not how many other campers can visit someone elses site. Insurance? They're staying there in the same CG anyway so it shouldn't matter. They can trip and fall at their own site. Now the NOISE level may be an issue. That many people can create quite a lot of noise what with laughter and talking.

WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
Heartland 2011 NorthTrail 28BRS
1993 Ford Dutchman Class-C

PSU1999

New Wilmington, PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 01:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How many people can congregate on the playground, or the volleyball court, or at the pool etc. It sounds to me like they didn't understand that all of those folks were campers. How about doing it at 2 adjoining sites and have half of the group on one and half on the other.

Me - PSU 1999
Wife - Also PSU 1999
Daughter - Hopefully PSU 2026
Daughter - Hopefully PSU 2029
Twin Daughters - Hopefully PSU 2033
2003 Starcraft Aruba 27sks TT
2007 Chevy Suburban TV

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Limited to 6 people around our fire