|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> dually swingout brackets

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
campn4walleye

Central WI

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 01:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A unit that we are considering doesn't have dually swingout brackets. Are these relatively easy for the dealer to add? What is the average cost to have this done? Should we ask for it to be included in the deal or just expect to pay for it extra?

2011 Adventurer 910FBS,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD, 4x4, LB,CC,6 speed auto,3.73 axle, General 17" on/off road
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

Eycom

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 02:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dually swing-out brackets

RVn Full-time

FF1063

NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 06:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My TC came with them from the factory, but they are easy to add. Adventurer is using the HappiJac elec jacks. You will need large swing out plates with the Ram DRW. Which swingout bracket to buy depends on the Jacks you get. The pic is what I have on my HappiJacs, so you can see just how the part attaches/works. Even with the wide swing out, I only get about an inch or so clearance on a DRW

The earlier link will lead you to what you need, just depends on what Jack you are trying to extend.

* This post was edited 03/03/12 06:19pm by FF1063 *

98' Ram 3500 DRW / 05' Arctic Fox 990

campn4walleye

Central WI

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 06:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thanks FF1063, that's the type of info we're looking for. Are not all Happijac jacks not the same? Do I need to call the company or dealer and find out specific info? I'm trying to save everywhere I can. Savings have to go to gas.

ADC0731

Bracebridge ON

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 08:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most dealers probably have some used brackets in the back somewhere. And it's not like they go bad. We were offered used brackets for $145 - but eventually they got thrown into the deal. When installed, they looked just like new.

And to those who will ask 'why do you need swing out brackets when you don't have a dually?', we bought a 7' wide Lance and needed the brackets to clear the quadrasteer flares on the truck - 6" wider than the standard truck.

2003 Silverado 1500HD with Quadrasteer
2005 Airstream 30 Classic Limited

Gary Gadget

Windsor, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 02:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Swing out brackets are a "bolt on item" The existing holes are used for the camper and for the jacks. I purchased swing out brackets on line at cheaper than I could get from my dealer. Either way you can ask what your dealer will charge and what you can get on line. The front jacks are all you need the swing outs for. Some campers come from the factory with swing out brackets on the camper, as part of the cost of the camper. Check with your dealer first.

FF1063

NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 08:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

missmy5ver wrote:

thanks FF1063, that's the type of info we're looking for. Are not all Happijac jacks not the same? Do I need to call the company or dealer and find out specific info? I'm trying to save everywhere I can. Savings have to go to gas.

I believe all square tube HJ's use the same bolt configuration and same bracket. I don't think the brackets are common to Attwood or Rieco brands, but someone else that would have to write in on that to clarify for certain.

When I bought my TC's from dealers, the LPG, battery, truck wiring, swingouts, prep, etc were all part of the negotiated price. I doubt you would really save anything as getting the TC on the truck and sending on your way is all part of the deal, and they will see you have a DRW.

Hey there

Pendergrass, GA

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 10:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,

Before you buy any swing out brackets, determine how much distance between the jacks you will need to clear your dually fenders. Then you need to find out how wide the space is between the jacks on the TC you are considering. The difference between those two measurements is how much distance the dually swing out brackets must give you. All TC's are not the same width and I have seen different width dually brackets.

Kurt

2001 Silverado 3500 DRW CC LB 6.0
1993 Lance Squire Lite 150 (8'6")
2001 Fleetwood Caribou 11J (11'6")

campn4walleye

Central WI

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 09:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kurt,

We know the TC is 96" across. Do we measure the width of the fenders? The TC has Happijac jacks and their swing out brackets are 4.5" if I remember correctly. Thanks for the info. Would the company have the info on the part # needed for that specific TC?

Hey there

Pendergrass, GA

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 11:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi again,

That is a nice wide camper. If the swing out brackets do 4.5 inches each, that would be great. Yes, measure the width at the widest part of the fenders to determine your needs. I do not know about fitting/finding brackets to fit a specific TC. A call to Happijac or Lance might answer that question. They may all use a standard bolt configuration. Good luck!

Kurt

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> dually swingout brackets
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS