RV.Net Open Roads Forum: URGENT!!!!! How do I dump the tanks on a Carri-lite?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> URGENT!!!!! How do I dump the tanks on a Carri-lite?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Joneseyhome

Renton, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 03:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2008 Carriage Lite with electric grey and black valves. When I push the open for 2 seconds the led doesn't light up. I know a bunch of water and waste went thru the hose BUT my control says the tank is FULL. I'm in deep s__t!!! Please help!!!!!

Jonesey

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 03:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The gauges that indicate whether the tank is full are notoriously inaccurate - a small bit of TP or debris stuck to the sensor will make it register. Common problem - no big deal.

Kevin

Finally Fulltiming

Summer: NYS Finger Lakes; Winter: Someplace warm

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 04:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just shut off your water supply & fully open the "flush" pedal or handle on your toilet. On a sunny day you should be able to simply look down into the tank & observe the level of the contents. At night, use a flashlight.

But plug your nose just in case.

Eycom

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 03:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ksg5000 makes a good case. The black tank is the worst. Try refilling the Blk tank with just water and dumping again. Usually from one to three flushes will clear the Blk tank sensor. That gets old after awhile. With time, you'll learn how often you need to dump and the Blk sensor won't matter. Just make sure the tank is 3/4 to full before dumping. If you have a Sani-Flush or similiar, use it often. When the water runs clear, you're good.

RVn Full-time

HappyKayakers

Malabar FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 03:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 suggestions. First, get a clear elbow for the end of your sewer pipe. That way you can verify that you're flushing clean on the black tank. Second, never be satisfied with just dumping the tank without one or more additional fill/flush. Just dumping without checking and extra flushing will eventually leave some TP stuck on the blade valve. That will keep the valve from closing completely in the future so your liquids will drain constantly and your solids will form an ever growing and hardening pyramid.

Also, quit worrying about your sensors. When you flush the toilet and it burps, you're almost full.

Joe and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2006 Heartland Bighorn 3600RL, MorRyde suspension, TrailAir pinbox
http://happykayakers.com/

Artemus Gordon

Redding California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 03:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Answer: Very carefully!

Shipper

Lower Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 03:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Finally Fulltiming wrote:

Just shut off your water supply & fully open the "flush" pedal or handle on your toilet. On a sunny day you should be able to simply look down into the tank & observe the level of the contents. At night, use a flashlight.

If you want to be exact, just carry a yardstick and use it as a dipstick. Just remember to wipe it off well before storing.

GEEZERS love GASSERS
"I'm not insensitive, It's probably that I just don't care!"

Shipper

Lower Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 08:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LarryJM wrote:

Shipper wrote:

If you want to be exact, just carry a yardstick and use it as a dipstick. Just remember to wipe it off well before storing.

All I can think of is YUCK, that is disgusting IMO.Larry

You could always throw the yardstick away instead of wiping it off and storing it!

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 05:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Shipper wrote:

All I can think of is YUCK, that is disgusting IMO.

Larry

2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

mlts22

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 04:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The yardstick also doubles as a way to scrape off part of the poo pyramid underneath. Just wipe it off, and store it in a garbage bag, well marked, and well away from everything else.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> URGENT!!!!! How do I dump the tanks on a Carri-lite?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS