|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Retirement

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/12 05:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

February 1rst I submitted my paperwork with a effective date COB April 28. As of yet I have not used a moments sick time, shirked any of my usual responsibilities or sabotaged anything.
I do have a prescheduled Drs. appointment April 4,but have no plans to do any of the other things listed!

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 06:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pitch wrote:

February 1rst I submitted my paperwork with a effective date COB April 28. As of yet I have not used a moments sick time, shirked any of my usual responsibilities or sabotaged anything.
I do have a prescheduled Drs. appointment April 4,but have no plans to do any of the other things listed!

Looking for a pat on the back?

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/12 07:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No A tongue in cheek reference that obviously missed to a post of a couple of weeks ago where a poster claimed he fired all lower level employees before they left to preclude them commiting acts he did not approve of.

Dave E

Mid Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 07:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

he was just a jerk if that is in fact what happened and I didn't see the post. Good luck and enjoy your retirement, I do mine I have been retired since 98 and wish I could have earlier. I have had a few jobs since then and enjoyed them better since they were what I wanted to do, now I am enjoying time for me

If at first you don't succeed--don't try sky diving!!
I'd rather be camping

msmith1199

Central, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/12 02:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I retired late last year. I left earlier than planned partially because I was not happy with my boss at all. Although the temptation may be there to play games, it's never a good idea to "burn your bridges." I took the high road and did my job right up until the last day and then quietly left. I've seen people not do that and I've seen it come back to haunt them. If you know you never want another job again and you're going to be completely retired you may be fine, but lots of people like to retire and then do other things on occasion and those burned bridges can come back to bite you.

2004 National Tropi-Cal T-350, Class A, Triple slide, 330 HP Cat DP.
2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 02:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I spent the last two months before retirement closing out actions I'd started, transferring actions to my replacement(s), organizing and transferring computer and paper files, and in general cleaning up after myself. I was there to assist and consult with my replacement(s), but would not assume the action myself, so they could become comfortable without me, as I would not be anywhere in the neighborhood or would not have the security clearance to assist after retirement.

I was consulted only twice after retirement, requiring my institutional memory, then they were good to go. I miss working with them, and doing that work, but less and less each year. I left knowing what I did was in good hands.

It's good to be retired.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

DOTL Spec. Alexander the Grrreat--tuxedo cat
Spotacus--Christmas cat

Hgarnerno1

Tyler, Texas USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 03:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I retired from the USN in 1977 after 32 years. I then worked at a civilian job for 4 years and then retired completely. One benefit of working after retirement is that you always know in the back of your head that you can leave at any time and still survive. The job I had involved local city and county government as well as state and federal. What a mess. I have enjoyed my retirement and hope that you do well in yours..

Howard, USN Ret
2000 Ford Excursion,V10, Limited
2003 Terry 27H. Super Slide

emzee

california

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 03:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Enjoy your retirement!! I hope you took the sick days you have in to account, you did work for it.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 04:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pitch wrote:

No A tongue in cheek reference that obviously missed to a post of a couple of weeks ago where a poster claimed he fired all lower level employees before they left to preclude them commiting acts he did not approve of.

Ah I see. I missed that post too.

xteacher

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 05:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I too, am retiring as of May 31st after teaching for 34 years. I'm only getting credit for 32 of them (2 of which I bought) b/c I wasn't vested in FL for my first 3 years of teaching. I'm not burning any bridges, that's for sure. I may want to sub for additional income.

Beth and Joe
3 Grown, Non-camping children
1 Future Camper - Granddaughter Alice (born 6/25/14 )
3 Camping Rescue Pups: Maddie (malti-poo/westie?), Sunny (toy poodle), and Jackson (boxer)

2014 Starcraft AR-ONE 14RB
2010 Nissan Pathfinder

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Retirement
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: