|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Coachouse Platinum XLTD

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
jimcharrison

South Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 06:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haven't noticed any postings from Coachouse Platinum owners so I am doing so for those who may have an interest in them. I resently purchased a 2003 27 footer on a E450 chassis with a Ford Powerstroke 7.3 Diesel with less then 50,000 miles on it. I downsized from a Bluebird Wanderlodge which I traveled in for 15 years. I choose the Coach house for the overall quality, and the Powerstroke 7.3 for it's reputation as a very dependable workhorse, and fuel efficiency. I have one slide for the master bed.

I have a kubota diesel genset, 1500 watt inverter, and full amenities to include on the go Sat system. Average MPG has been 15-17 highway. Power is exceptional, as has been the dependability. I love the one piece fiberglass shell, and the overall quiet ride. It does have air ride on the rear, and certainly needs it, especially with the overhang.

Overall a very nice rig, but has taken some getting used to, since coming from a Bluebird.

Former Bluebird Wanderlodge Owner/Advocate....but still love them!

gmctoyman

Lake Livingston, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 08:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice coach, a travel friend has the 23' model....built like a tank, or maybe a Bird.

One word of caution, last fall he had a problem with******in the diesel, may have been alge,or the tank internal coating- or both. but the only solution was to drop the tank, send it to a radiator shop for acid dip, then re-coats and reinstall. Seems that the metal tanks had (or have) a problem with the internal coating coming off, filters and screens are in the tank so it is a major operation that can put you on the side of the road for a long stay. No computer codes are set so it produces head scratching with some "techs". Heck of a way to fuel an otherwise bullet proof engine.

Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?

JohnRN

Wilmington, DE

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 01:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome JIm to the Coach House family! We have experienced the need for some minor repairs but that is to be expected. We have also tiled the interior and stairwell and are very pleased with the outcome. On several occasions we have been followed into a campground by folks wanting to get a tour of the CH. One time a police officer followed us and wanted a tour. People have honked at a light to get our attention and ask questions. Feel free to send a private message if I can be of assistance!

John & Susan
Wilmington, DE
2003 Coach House Platinum 270XL

jimcharrison

South Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 05:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the comments and info guys. I suspect bad diesel as I have never heard of Ford having an issue or recall for failing fuel tanks on their E450 series.

I too have made a few repairs, but nothing serious either....except because this was a northern coach, salt intrusion had caused a hole to form in the oil pan face...so you Yankees need to hose off those chassis and engine from time to time.

I did replace all shocks with Blisteins, and spent a great deal of time servicing engine, transmission, and all systems. Though I purchased a 2003 I knew it had not been used as much as normal, and paid close attention to detail.

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 08:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked at a Coach House when shopping and it was obviously higher quality but it had lots of miles and was too expensive. It was on the lot as a consignment and the salesman admitted that the owners were probably asking too much.
Do you have some photos to share? It is fun to look at the quality features that these RV's include.

We're hooked!
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Coachouse Platinum XLTD
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS