RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: Carmel Indiana anyone???

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Carmel Indiana anyone???

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
azandy70

Green Bay WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/12 09:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wondering if anyone is going to Carmel Indiana for the boys soccer tournament in April. 13th - 15th.???

We are going and probably will stay at Indy KOA. Not sure yet. Have not found much camping closer to the fields.

Any info would be great. Be fun to stay with others there too.
In the past, a good portion of the team would come back to our campsite and hang out. Have supper, etc. Much better than the hotel.

2011 F350 SRW 4x4 Crew cab short box

2012 KZ Stone Ridge. 36UL

TheAmRheins

Elizabethtown IN USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 10:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's our favorite campground on the north side of Indy - maybe 15 miles or less from Carmel.

White River Campground

Nice park on a river with concrete pads - if we have flooding rains, it might not be a good choice but otherwise it is super!

Ken & Kathy
Ruben(the cat)& Tiadora (nother cat)
2003 Chev 3500 D/A Dually
2009 Landmark Augusta

JeninIndy

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/12 07:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The campground doesn't open till April 15th per the website.

Jenn & Wayne (and kids)
2012 Keystone Outback 250rs
2006 Nissan Armada

36fan

Indy

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 10:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azandy70 wrote:

Wondering if anyone is going to Carmel Indiana for the boys soccer tournament in April. 13th - 15th.???

We are going and probably will stay at Indy KOA. Not sure yet. Have not found much camping closer to the fields.

Any info would be great. Be fun to stay with others there too.
In the past, a good portion of the team would come back to our campsite and hang out. Have supper, etc. Much better than the hotel.

I'm thinking about buying a TT, and I've been surfing the site for a few days when stumpled upon your post. I live on the SW side of Indy, and Carmel is on the N side of Indy. FYI - Carmel is the "richy" area. I don't know of any campgrounds anywhere near Carmel, or much around Indy for that matter. I don't think Ft. Harrison SP (NE side of Indy or Eagle Creek Park (NW side) have camping. I can think of a couple on the south side, but they look like dumps when driving by.

I used to played high school and traveling soccer and went on to play in college. The tournaments were great fun. Now I am coaching my kids soccer :-)

* This post was edited 03/08/12 10:29pm by 36fan *

36fan

Indy

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 10:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh yeah, I would NOT recommend staying at the state fairgrounds. It is not in a good area of town.

JeninIndy

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/12 07:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is another campground in the same area as the KOA that sounds very nice and is on our list to go to this year. S&H Campground We met the owners at the RV show this year and they gave a very good impression.

There isn't much more near Carmel.......not the camping mecca, unless you are camping at the Renaissance.

4monkeys

Southwest Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/12 06:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have stayed at White River and really enjoyed it, only complaint is we were close to the water and it was pretty buggy.
Check out the Monon Community Center, a Carmel Clay Park. They have both indoor & outdoor water park. Obviously the outdoor won't be open in April, but the check their website for indoor info. They also have a pretty big skate park there. Bet the boys would love that place.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Carmel Indiana anyone???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS