|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> 2012 Dutchmen Kodiak 300BHSL

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
MeloyeloCJ7

York, SC

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 01:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wanted to ask if anyone here has this particular model. We have been looking for a larger bunkhouse TT for about 2 years now and this one has really caught our eye. Any good, bad or ugly would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

Me, Wife, kid, dog
2013 Forest River Surveyor Select SV-301
2003 Dodge Ram Quadcab HO Cummins with 6 speed manual

kodiakcanuck

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/12 09:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe this is a brand new layout for this year. Looks amazing though with the island sink in the kitchen, the rear bedroom area and outdoor kitchen.

Wow, bit of beast though, 33 feet and close 8000 lbs, but looks like you have a diesel so shouldn't be a problem for you.

Happy with my 2011 Kodiak, only problem I had was the front decals are starting to peel off but Dutchmen is replacing them under warranty.

Good luck!

2011 Kodiak 240KSSL
Husky Center Line WDH
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman 3:92,8-speed,5.7L HEMI
2007 Kodiak 214 HTT (prior)
2010 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4, 3:55, 5.7L (prior)

desertrun2002

Houston, TX

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 10:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked at this one at the trailer show this year. It looked great, but 33 foot isn't the total length. I could be wrong because I looked at so many units, but add 3 more feet for the tongue and that made it 36 foot. Nice layout but a tad too long for my needs even if it is 33ft. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this info. Thanks.

desertrun2002

Houston, TX

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 10:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah..I was right. Actually 36'11". The dry weight is actually 7526. You will have a little more trouble finding a spot in National forests and some state parks unless there are pull throughs, but most campgrounds can take you. Add 36'11" to your tow vehicle length and that rules out most back in spots in a nat'l forest. That model is nice though, and you can usually find another spot if one isn't long enough.

MeloyeloCJ7

York, SC

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 10:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

desertrun2002 wrote:

I looked at this one at the trailer show this year. It looked great, but 33 foot isn't the total length. I could be wrong because I looked at so many units, but add 3 more feet for the tongue and that made it 36 foot. Nice layout but a tad too long for my needs even if it is 33ft. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this info. Thanks.

Yes, it is 36' end to end. That is one thing that makes me shy of it. My existing unit is 33' overall (including the tongue), so not sure how much of a real difference it would make. It's also rougly 1000 lbs. heavier than what I tow now. That would equate to even more of the diesel liquid gold being sucked away. Thanks for the input.

desertrun2002

Houston, TX

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 10:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just pulled the trigger on a '12 Kodiak 284bhsl. The floor plan is a little different than yours, but it had bunks which I was looking for. Here's that floor plan:
http://kodiak-rv.com/index.php?p=floorplans&model=284BHSL

RVbikers

Red Hill, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/12 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just looked at this one at the RV show in Oaks, Pa. Its a really nice unit, and a nice, unique kitchen. The draw back to that island kitchen is you have to have the slide out when you load it. Most of the kitchen cabinets & fridge are inaccessible with the slide in. Some folks, that might not matter to, but we have to park on the street to load because we live in a townhouse development, though it isnt a deal breaker for us, because it is curb side and not a real big slide. the other thing the kitchen slide takes away from where the picnic table usually goes under the awning. Again, only by two feet or so, but still something to consider. On the plus side there is a LOT of storage in the kitchen, and the layout is really nice. The bunk room is roomy with a good amount of storage.
My wife fell in love with this trailer. If we were buying now, this would be one we consider.

If you want all the comforts of home, stay there.
Jim & Evelyn +6
  • 2005 Ford Excursion V-10
  • 1999 Dutchmen 30BH2
  • 1998 Sportster 1200
  • 2000 Sporster 883

harleyfire18

Woodstock, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/12 12:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

desertrun2002 wrote:

I just pulled the trigger on a '12 Kodiak 284bhsl. The floor plan is a little different than yours, but it had bunks which I was looking for. Here's that floor plan:

Just bought my 284BHSL yesterday too! I love this trailer and cant wait to use it. Lots of room and very nice interior. Love the outside colored, gel coat finish and the outside kitchen is nice and compact. Just enough to big functional but not over done.

73 Matt KC9SVJ

06 F250 Super Duty Lariat with a 6.0 Power Stroke Diesel pulling a 2012 Kodiak 284BHSL

2008Wildcat

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/12 05:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sold 4 of them at the Philly RV Show this past weekend......

2013 Columbus 320RS
2011 RAM 3500 Outdoorsman SRW 6.7 Cummins- tweaked!

knesdad

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

harleyfire18 wrote:

desertrun2002 wrote:

Just bought my 284BHSL yesterday too! I love this trailer and cant wait to use it. Lots of room and very nice interior. Love the outside colored, gel coat finish and the outside kitchen is nice and compact. Just enough to big functional but not over done.

Three's Company I guess... We bought one last September!

Stop on over at the Dutchmen RV Owners Group. It's a new website for Dutchmen Owners, like us!

Dave & Sue
Kiley & Emily
Izzie (Beagle/Bichon/Mini Poodle)
2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
2012 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL -- Dutchmen Owners

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> 2012 Dutchmen Kodiak 300BHSL
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers