|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Never Again, Camping World

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
down home

south

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 11:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't even bring myself to enumerate all the stuff still wrong with this unit from when they wrecked it.
Every time we think about it our day is wrecked not to mention everything before that.
One of biggest thing is they didn't tell us. We discovered it which should have been easy but were still trying to get things fixed promised from day one.
I find it impossible to believe the hell we went through and are saddled with for life.
This is one reason I don't want to deal with the costly mistakes from having the oil changed at another place.
We simply cannot handle any more.

mlemonis

lincolnshire, IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 12:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Down home

I can't help you this way
Email me
I will more than make it right
I will start by apologizing And accepting all responsibility
I am ultimately to blame but am Also the one who can improve the situation

Marcus Lemonis
Chairman and CEO FreedomRoads, Camping World and RVs.com

msmith1199

Central, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 09:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I took my motorhome back to the dealer once to have an oil change done. They asked if I wanted them to do the generator too and I told them no since I had just done that myself. I picked up the motorhome later that afternoon and took it home. As I was putting it away I thought I'd run the generator for a while so I started it up. It ran for a few minutes and then shut down. I started it again and it ran for a little but and then shut down. I opened the compartment and determined that there was no oil in it. The tech at the dealer had drained the oil and then clearly figured out that generator service wasn't on his list, so he left it with no oil. So service screw ups are not just unique to camping world.

* This post was edited 03/06/12 02:45pm by msmith1199 *

2004 National Tropi-Cal T-350, Class A, Triple slide, 330 HP Cat DP.
2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4

jerseyjim

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 02:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have no problems with CW....My "home" store is in Bridgeton, NJ...but have used the stores in Mesa, AZ, and Nashville, Tenn....probably another one or two...can't remember.
CW has just about EVERYTHING...and they know it...and charge for the CONVIENIENCE of having just about everything....one stop shopping. I also use their mail-order/on-line purchasing, too. Never a problem there, either.

Service? All they've done for me is tires, shocks and (while I was there, anyway) wiper blades. Had an appointment...was in the service bay within 10 minits of my appointment...couple hours later, on the way home.

For CHASSIS service (Ford F-53) I take it to an indie truck shop that services RVs. For any MOTORHOME work that I cannot do...I take it to my dealer of purchase....he's a good one and, believe it or not, as far as RV dealers go, REASONABLE!

Once, due to a lightening strike at a cg, I had a recoommended service truck come out...problem fixed, no problem with the price.

steelpony5555

Copperas Cove Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 10:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

down home wrote:

I can't even bring myself to enumerate all the stuff still wrong with this unit from when they wrecked it.
Every time we think about it our day is wrecked not to mention everything before that.
One of biggest thing is they didn't tell us. We discovered it which should have been easy but were still trying to get things fixed promised from day one.
I find it impossible to believe the hell we went through and are saddled with for life.
This is one reason I don't want to deal with the costly mistakes from having the oil changed at another place.

Why would you post this after the CEO openly asked that he be contacted? I like Camping World.

Probably because his problems were not from CW but by Freightliner of Chattanooga.....according to his posts

06 Montana 3000RK
10 Dodge 3500 Dually Laramie 6.7 Diesel
07 Pearl White Ultra Classic (My new Baby)
10 Cadillac CTS
Texas Boomers---Stop by for a Margie some time!

Livin Good

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 06:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

Why would you post this after the CEO openly asked that he be contacted? I like Camping World.

WHS

Waitsburg, Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 11:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, this is the first time I have heard of Marcus Lemonis, and the simple fact that he is willing to place his name and reputation on the line openly on the net and is offering to make a wrong right, well sir, I am impressed. Thank you, and just by this action you have restored some faith in CW to me.

And Rooster! Yes, will obviously be at the Pig Roast, as I am sure Woody will be using my rv again. Although, that will also be my high school reunion weekend as well. So, I will be around Friday only... Saturday and Sunday will be reunion time.

Be sure to track me down either way!

HC

Skip (Fred) of Waitsburg

05' Layton Lite 170LT Cascade edition
06' Chevy Silverado K1500
We-No-Nah Rendevous, a Ljutic, a Remington, a Hard Rock Pro, a Polaris 550XP & Raleigh the Hunter

SpinRite

Research Triangle, NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 11:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

donandmax wrote:

...Where were all the negative answers when I needed help ??

They were right where they belong -- all collected in one convenient place: RV Service Reviews

Remember to add your own experiences -- good or bad -- so we all benefit.

'94 Holiday Rambler Navigator
38', Cummins 8.3 300hp, Allison 3060
pushed by a 2005 Honda Element

past-MIdirector

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 11:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When was the last a CEO came on a forum and said to contact him about your problems with his company. You'll never see that from the automakers or any of the big chain stores. Hats off to Mr Lemonis for acknowledging the little guys problems and trying to correct any mistakes mmade by his employees.

PGR_Skye

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 11:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you Mr. Lemonis for posting and asking all of us with problems to contact you. I sent an email to you a few minutes ago.

And to everyone else, yes, it was a nice email stating the facts. And no, I haven't seen a CEO post anywhere before offering their help. Will keep everyone updated.

In the meantime, DH has made an appointment with a certified Hydro-Hot service center for next Monday morning.

Darrell & Madonna
Furkid, GSD Sigfried
2001 Patriot Thunder by Beaver
Jeep Grand Cherokee

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Never Again, Camping World
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts