|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> SMALL garden blower

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pasusan

Northernmost PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 04:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sbishop wrote:

Thanks for the replys, I'll try the Ryobi and the Mini Mighty Blower, I've got some Ryobi 18vdc tools maybe the batteries would be the same. I didn't look at Walmart because I didn't think about garden stuff there and there isn't one within 30 miles of our house. I like the one we have for blowing the night blooming jasmine and azalea blooms off the deck and blowing off the floor in my garage and a couple of other places but never ever, would I take it in the MoHo, never.

I don't blow off stuff near our property line because the gardners that care for the dirt yard next door, blow the leaves from the trees into our yard and the dust from their dirt into the air and all over our house. The DW finally got them to understand what they were doing and they are a lot more careful now, I neither of us speak spanish but some how her cool calm and collected demeanor prevailed where my impatience failed. Sugar and flies...

I used to blow stuff off with my shop vac but I have to wear hearing protection to do that and the DW would never drag it thru her house to blow off the deck, or pull it around the yard.
Yes - the Ryobi batteries can be used on all the Ryobi stuff. And - you are really in luck - you can get the blower without the battery and charger for just $39.97 at Home Depot.

Trip Pics

"I'm out here to enjoy nature -- don't talk to me about the environment!" ~Denny Crane

Susan & Ben ~
84 Bronco & 90 Award Classic 23 joined with a Hensley Cub

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 07:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Iris, I thought I made it clear that I didn't use it camping and have never entertained the idea but others have and they have a right to use theirs just like I have a right to ask them to stop if they are blowing stuff my way. No need to get upset. Like Jim said, chil out a little and stay on topic please.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
1990 Bounder 27D
06 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4X4
Stowmaster 5000

tatest

Oklahoma Green Country

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 10:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While looking for leaf blower/vacuums last night, to maybe replace my worn out B&D Leaf Hog, I came across a rechargable Craftsman blower at Sears. It was part of the C3 series of rechargables.

From the size of the impeller, I suspect the thing is not very powerful, and I can't guess how long it will run on a battery charge. But it was just about the lightest thing I handled.

Homelite makes a very light corded blower that would be more powerful, but it was slightly larger and heavier.

Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

stoney0264

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/12 11:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use a small weed eater blower that I think I got at walmart for around 30 bucks. They do come in handy for keeping your campsite tidy. They are also very handy when packing up to leave. I will use it to blow off the awning, and blow off the top of the slide before closing it. I do not however blow stuff all over someone elses site and I try to use it at a time that most folks are busy or away from their sites.

Steve & Tina
3 grown DD's (Don't camp with us much)
Duke (Yorkie)
Bailey (Boxer)
1999 Chevrolet 2500 4x4 6.0L and 3.73
Prodigy Brake Control
2006 Honda VTX1300s (mine)
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Better Half)
2012 Outback 279RB

belfert

Shoreview, MN, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 01:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Several of my neighbors at home have electric leaf blowers. They are extremely quiet and not bothersome. Good thing they are quiet as they use them for hours on end sometimes.

My gas leaf blower is quite noisy, but I never run it more than 5 to 10 minutes and only maybe a few times a month.

hone eagle

essex ontario canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 05:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have seem used to keep a camp fire going (green wood)
handy

2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
maxbrake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

Dakzuki

Carnation, Wa, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/12 07:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rockportrocket wrote:

In Texas, they are called rakes, u know the small ones.

Same here in Wa. How 'bout that? We also use brooms. I presume you folks have them too.

The last thing I want to hear when I am kicking back sipping a cool one enjoying listening to critters is a leaf blower.

2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

Deb and Ed M

SW MI, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/12 08:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hone eagle wrote:

I have seem used to keep a camp fire going (green wood)
handy

I use mine at home to encourage damp leaves to burn :-)

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/12 08:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tvman44 wrote:

We use one all the time and so do a lot of other people.

Same here, and I don't give a hoot about who complains because they are the type who will complain no matter what you do. I use mine for a few brief seconds to clean off my patio mat, and to date have NEVER blown anything on anyone else's space. I also do it mostly the same time that the maintenance guys are using theirs, so anyone who complains can blow it out their ear.

Cranky people don't move me much. My mat is clean in 2 seconds, the broom pushers take a lot longer than that. If they prefer to sweep, they can knock themselves out. My mat is the type that it is difficult to get with a broom as the wide slats in it catch leaves and such that the leaf blower blows out in seconds.

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/12 08:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

belfert wrote:

Several of my neighbors at home have electric leaf blowers. They are extremely quiet and not bothersome. Good thing they are quiet as they use them for hours on end sometimes.

You will never convince the grumpy gramps around here that they are not bothersome. Some people are born to gripe. Probably the same group who will get angry at the sound of their neighbor's lawn mower, then get angry that the neighbor's grass is too long if they don't use it.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> SMALL garden blower
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS