|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Percentage off new trailer

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
JoannBob

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 10:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just started shopping for a TT a few weeks ago. Getting it narrowed down to a 25-30' relatively light weight and floorplans. Looked online and leary of the wholesalers but the prices look good. Any suggestions? Seems too good to be true. Want to get the best price. Hate dealing with salesmen. Live in N FL.

2011 Dodge Ram w/Hemi
2012 Jayco White Hawk 27DSRL
Bob, Joann and our Chihuahua Natty

Almot

Vancouver BC

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 11:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Joannbob - Nothing is wrong with wholesalers except that they only sell certain models (none of which I like) and are all located too far from the West coast where I am.

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 08:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replies folks. while at a show recently, there was a paper inside the coaches that had MSRP and then options added to arrive at new price. Plus on some coaches, taped to on outside of them next to door it said list and show price. So I was basing the percentage off from what I perceived at list. Good starting point anyways.

2003 F250 SD,CC,4x4,SB,AT,Lariat,6.0PSD
2006 Cedar Creek Silverback 33 LBHTS "Custom"
Member of The Cedar Creek RV Club
"Creekin' in the Summer"
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

snoocs1010

Delmar, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 12:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ACZL wrote:

I have a question I'm asking on behalf of a relative. Does the same principal apply to TT's like it does to 5ers when buying new and taking 25-30% off list price? They saw a couple TT's at a show recently and the list prices were like 37-38,000 and "show" priced at 31-32,000. Based on my calculations, they should sell at around 27-28,000. Am I right on this? Any input would be greatly appreciated as we might have someone to go w/ us camping w/ their own rig.

Thanks in advance.

We got ours that listed for 33k for 20k last year, 2011, I think it all depends on where they are located and what you are looking for. I felt it was definitely a buyers market, and with gas climbing this year it should still be. I know we were looking at 2010 asked for an offer, and when we counter offered we countered on the 2011 by only $600 dollars and they took, it for a bigger newer rig, my husband said he should have gone lower but I was fine with the price. It's a 33ft bullet 288 model. I love it. So I would say shop around, we live in Albany, NY but bought in New Hamphsire, it was worth the trip...

Joanna

Joanna

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Percentage off new trailer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: