RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: R-vision Class A's?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> R-vision Class A's?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Burwoods

Outside Toronto, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 12:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Poking around on the internet, I came across one of these close to us, and found it interesting. After doing a few more searches, I came across rather a lot of them. Does anyone have any experience of these RV's. I don't think there are any more of them for sale used, then any other manufacturer, but would be interested in what you may feel, or heard about them. I have only been able to find reviews on their own site...and I kind of like a review that is not generated on their own site...lol.
Thanks for your feedback.

Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker

turninghawk

Orlando, FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 01:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I remember looking at R-Vision Class A's when we first looked at buying a Class A back in 2003. The quality of materials & workmanship was among the poorest of all brands we considered. Maybe they've changed over the years, but we quickly eliminated them from the mix.

Maybe others will be able to offer additional insight.

purplekeenah

greensburg, pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 10:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I owned a 2003 R-Vision Condor 34' with two slides, built on a P32 18,000# Workhorse Chassis, 8.1 Chevy engine, 4L80E Chevy transmission. I bought it new at a local dealership for a great price, it was the only R-Vision he had on his lot. I drove it for 43,000 miles and 6-1/2 years, the only issue I had was the AUTO-PARK system.
Build quality(fit/finish)was marginal, all of the operating systems were the same components you'll find in the other lines such as Dometic, Atwood, Power Gear, Onan, etc.
After adding a few upgrades and fabricating a rear tracbar, the rig was very comfortable and drove down the road very well. This was the second motorhome I owned, the previous one was a 28' C class (no slides) which I had for one year. The step up to an A class with two slides was very satisfying at that time, and as usual that only lasts for a while until you want something bigger.

2007 Newmar Ventana 3936
330 Cummins
2013 Chevy Equinox

Jim1eddoc

Apple Valley CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 10:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bought mine in 2004 (27'), it was a 2003 model and now have 72,000 miles with few problems. Problems were with the running gear(chev 8.1)not the coach. Only issue for you might be the weather, my coach did not have heating to the exterior tanks, Probably easy to fix.

If its in good shape, for a good price, buy it and enjoy it.

tatest

Oklahoma Green Country

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 09:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

R-Vision motorhomes and towables were built at the R-Vision plant in Warsaw, Indiana. They were seen in abundance in this part of the U.S., more so than some of the brands built in the West.

After Monaco Corp bought R-Vision, and shut down the Holiday Rambler plant in Wakarusa, the R-Vision plant also built the H-R towables and the Monaco, Safari, and H-R branded C's and gassers. Construction of at least some models changed from H-R's framed wall technology to R-Vision's laminated wall technology.

Navistar has kept the R-Vision brand, fewer model lines than in R-Visions heyday. I'm not sure where the towables are built, but C's and A gassers carrying the other former Monaco brands were coming from the Warsaw plant when production started back up.

Someone once mentioned here that Navistar re-opened the Wakarusa plant for production of something.

I looked at R-Vision when I was shopping in 2004. I was not well impressed with what I was seeing in the motorhomes and a factory rep at the Florida RV Supershow told my wife a stupid lie, which ended our shopping the brand.

Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

michelb

Ottawa, ON, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 08:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not sure where they are built but I've seen many more travelling through Quebec than I have in the US. Can't comment on the quality although it's my impression that they are more among the 'cheaper' manufacturers (e.g. Forest River, Thor, Damon, etc) and from my experience, they just don't seem very common in the US.

Burwoods

Outside Toronto, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 05:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for the feedback, we are not full timers, month timers more like it. You know a few long hauls and then settling into a place for awhile. Tow Vehicle getting around the rest of the time once set up in an area.
We appreciate the advice and support on this site. Wonderful way to skip a few errors at least...lol.

alphamale11

Greenville SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 05:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've enjoyed my 2003 R-Vision 1340 motorhome...as purplekeenah stated, same chassis (W22), and for the most part, same coach components (Dometic, Onan, etc.)as other (gas) motorhomes. It probably wouldn't hold up long term for full-timing, but as a get-away vehicle it's great.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> R-vision Class A's?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS