|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Table and chairs

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
kenbert

Long Island,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 02:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like to look at DPs for sale as one day I would like to upgrade. What I have noticed is DPs in the price range of 100k to 200k mostly have table and chairs not dinetts. The high end coaches are the opposite, mostly dinettes. I preffer the dinette both style, more comfortable and cozy.

Just curious those of you with table and chairs, would you have preffered dinetts or you actually wanted the table and chairs.

The reason I ask is one of the reasons I like the booth style dinette is its like going to a diner or resturant, most people preffer boths, I know this because I have never heard of anyone requesting a table and chairs when booths were available, but seems like they mostly want a booth which always sell out first.

So be honest table and chairs or dinetts. And when you eat out is it table and chairs or booth.

Ken

95 Georgie Boy Encounter 37ft 5.9 cummins DP
01 Saturn SW

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 02:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not a motor home, but we have had both...booth and table and chairs.
Much prefer table and chairs...more versatile and more comfortable.
(we don't care about the extra storage underneath)

just one opinion from our experience.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

GMC Duramax LBZ
Komfort
Reese Dual Cam HP

louiskathy

Oregon (presently)

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 02:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love my booth dinette. We have a dinette table that extends via a hidden drop down leaf next to the wall that comes up to extend the table. I can then seat two or three more people around the end of the table.

I think a table is better for folk that find it difficult to scoot across the bench. Taller people and those with bigger sized feet don't do well seated at my dinette. They would be more comfortable in chairs.

Kathy

rhinorider

New Brunswick Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 03:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I was shopping for my MH I was looking for table and chairs.I"ve had both and prefer the table and chairs.A dealer in the U.S. told me that law suits(chairs if not tied down are like missles in a front end collision)kept a lot of companies away from the table and chairs.

rvrepairnut

bc

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 03:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a booth,hated it now have table and chairs more room less hassle especially
when there is only 2 people in most diesel pushers

MrChuckles

Dallas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 03:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just traded coaches and have gone from a dinette in the first to a table and chairs in the new one. The table and chairs are flexible, but we really miss the below seat storage of the dinette. We used to keep our bottled water, Diet Cokes, and my tool bag there. We could live with either one, but would go with a dinette all things being equal.

* This post was edited 03/06/12 03:31pm by MrChuckles *

2008 Monaco Knight SKQ named Mona

JohnnyT

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 03:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We like others have had both... We prefer the booth. We have storage under both benches plus a large drawer on each bench. We also have the option of converting the booth into a bed for short people (aka Grand Kids) We also have a couple of chairs we can use if the need arises.

The booth also has seat belts...Which is a good thing for car seats and those that would sit at the table and do computer work while on the road.

I find the booth far more comfortable for watching Television (our TV is aft of the booth in the center of the coach) and for doing what I am doing now hanging out on the lap top.

In terms of eating, the width of the bench is actually wider than the seats of two chairs so four people can sit comfortably. For me I can assume various seating postures... more so that I can in a chair.

I also like the idea of not having to secure the chairs when traveling.

I do not think one is better than the other... There are advantages of table and chairs such as not being limited to a fixed seating arrangement...In some of the upper end coaches the table is such that it only accommodates two people so the table and chairs consume less space that what a booth would.

In our case Becky and I seldom travel "alone" we always have on or more extra passengers along so the booth works best for us.

JohnnyT

2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar

sailor_lou

Connecticut

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 04:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our first rig had a booth and we didn't care for it too much, mostly because it felt like we were eating in a diner where the table felt more like home. Also, the flexibility to move the seating around was more attractive to us. However, I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker if the right rig/price came along with a booth. Good luck with your search.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

OnaQuest

Old enough to be a

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 04:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It all depends on what is included or deleted from the table and chair arrangement.

My coach came with a dinette/booth arrangement with the usual storage underneath the benches. The benches had doors on the ends for easy access to things near the ends, but raising the seats to access the rest of the storage area was a real PITA.

When I made my conversion to table and chairs, I copied this design.

I have almost as much storage in the credenza as the benches provided, with easier access, and the table slides out to full size of the old one, so the credenza actually provides additional top space. When the table is slid into the credenza, I store the two additional (folding) chairs in a closet.

We much prefer this to the booth.

As to the restaurant choice of booth or table, I think that choice is made more for the perception of more privacy in a booth rather than comfort. I would choose a table every time if it weren't out in the high traffic area of an open restaurant floor. JMHO

Raymon

Phoenixville, PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 05:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Always had a dinette/booth until we bought current Class A. Much prefer the table and chairs. Much more comfortable and do not have to get up to let inside person get out. We do not even have to anchor down the chairs when moving. JMHO

Ray

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Table and chairs
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS