|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Non Smoking Campground areas

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Jayco25E

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 11:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

shooterdad wrote:

I have a story that may have some of you rethinking your stand on Non Smoking Campgrounds. I am not targeting any one individual or group on this site, nor am I condemning people for the way they think about certain subjects.
I live in San Diego CA , known for its beautiful Beach's and coast line, several rears ago there was a proposition on the ballot to eliminate Smoking on the beach , reasoning was the smoke as well as the butts that littered the beach (not totally unreasonable). I smoke , however I don't enjoy the beach and as such never go down there ( I live 35 miles east), in addition I don't live in the city and only city residence can vote on the measure.I have an employee that was for the ban , and lobbied everyone he could to vote in favor of the ban, I explained to him that when we as a people start loosing our rights to the freedoms we have long enjoyed , it makes it that much easier for law makers to continue taking them from us.

Well the measure passed, everyone that voted was happy.....until the following year, a proposal to ban glass bottles on the beach was on the ballot, this meant no more Wine or Beer bottles on the beach , the reason was broken bottles were a danger to people walking in the sand , and a few unruly beach goers( not unreasonable). I don't now nor have I ever drank any alcohol(50 years old and I am enough of a clown without it...lol ), however I think it is unfortunate for those that do . I asked my employee how he felt about this (he loves the beach and beer) and he laughed , he said it would never pass and that it was just retaliation by those who voted against the smoking ban, well guess what it passed.

The following year yet another measure No Drinking on the beach PERIOD, and to save you all the details, YES it passed. So now folks cant come to San Diego and enjoy the beach and have a glass of wine , beer anything with alcohol in it.

These types of things are happening all over this wonderful country of ours, and soon we will be governed to the point of misery (we almost are now). Careful what you wish for!!!

A-MEN!!!

2008 Chevy Avalanche
2005 Jayco 25E HTT
2 retired Greyhounds

JesLookin

Appleton,WI

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 11:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMHO Complaining about smoke in a campground is the same as complaining about loud music at a concert. Some things are inherently associated with each other.

2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD, Crew Cab

shooterdad

El Cajon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 11:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had to laugh , yes the city DID ban Bon fires at the beach here in San Diego, they claimed it was costing the city over half a million a year to keep the fire rings clean ! The list goes on and on .This maddness will continue to cripple what is left of a once FREE country.

Between robbing hard working Americans of our freedoms a little everyday and trying to police the world.....oops and lets not forget about trying not to offend the poor imigrants that enter our country Illegally there religion.....and so on and so on, our government is choking us to the point of no return. Sorry I almost got flustered...lol . It would be laughable if it wasn't true.

Mr.Mark

California/Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 11:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

shooterdad wrote:

I had to laugh , yes the city DID ban Bon fires at the beach here in San Diego, they claimed it was costing the city over half a million a year to keep the fire rings clean ! The list goes on and on .This maddness will continue to cripple what is left of a once FREE country.

Between robbing hard working Americans of our freedoms a little everyday and trying to police the world.....oops and lets not forget about trying not to offend the poor imigrants that enter our country Illegally there religion.....and so on and so on, our government is choking us to the point of no return. Sorry I almost got flustered...lol . It would be laughable if it wasn't true.

I know what you mean about personal rights, etc. But, people don't clean up after themselves.... cig butts, broken glass and messy fire rings at the beach was common. You and I would most likely clean up after ourselves but so many people don't which made the rules come into play. A public beach is different than a private campground as far as rules.

MM.

Mr.Mark
2013 Honda CR-V EXL, AWD, w/Nav, SMI Air Force One vacuum-assisted braking, Blue Ox base-plate, Blue Ox tow bar.
2015 Liberty

turninghawk

Ormond Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 12:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr.Mark wrote:

shooterdad wrote:

I know what you mean about personal rights, etc. But, people don't clean up after themselves.... cig butts, broken glass and messy fire rings at the beach was common. You and I would most likely clean up after ourselves but so many people don't which made the rules come into play. A public beach is different than a private campground as far as rules.

MM.

And that's EXACTLY why such laws are passed. It's just an attempt to legislate COMMON SENSE, which unfortunately, is not all that common.

EricGT

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 12:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would honestly never stay in a camp area in which the spots are so tight that I would be bothered by the person smoking next to me.
How is this even enjoyable?
I cannot imagine if that entire family had chili for dinner!

2015 Thor A.C.E. 30.1 -'AliCE'

mking

Indianland,South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 12:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I responded once already to this thread.It would be very hard to control a non-smoking C/G unless it was all inside a building.My D/W smokes,but she doesn't smoke in our TT,truck,stick built house,or car.And if shes outside and sees it bothering you she will go downwind.I too enjoy a good cigar maybe 4-5 times a year while sitting around a campfire or @ our hunt club.There again I get down wind from everyone and enjoy it.IMO we have Way too many Stupid Laws on the books now,and we all should use common curiousity,as well as common sense.JMO

2006 Dodge Quad-Cab 2500 CTD,4;10 gears,pulling a Forestriver Flaggstaff 831qbss

Deb and Ed M

SW MI, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 12:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hershey wrote:

Personally, I'd just ask the campground if I could move to a different spot and give them the reason. I'm betting that they will allow you to do so and problem solved. Wheels, ya' just gotta' love-em.

I agree! Wish I had wheels on my *house*..... the neighbor 2 houses over (upwind) likes to sit on his deck and smoke cigars. He is the nicest guy you could ever meet - and I'm never going to say anything because it would sound simply crazy..... but his stinky cigars waft towards our house and make sitting on OUR deck rather nauseating.... it's not a health threat - just that I hate the smell of cigars :-(

rockportrocket

on hyway 77

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 12:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LOL the ME generatiion at work real hard on this thread.

turninghawk

Ormond Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 01:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rockportrocket wrote:

LOL the ME generatiion at work real hard on this thread.

Referring to the non-smokers......or the smokers???...........

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Non Smoking Campground areas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS