|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> ? about 6.4L F250

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 09:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Powerdude wrote:

I have news for you. There is no perfect truck, and there is no "right" brand. They all have problems.

I agree, they all have problems.

My LBZ has the infamous steering clunk, weeping tranny and engine oil cooler hoses. SUPER freaking annoying to me for a $40K truck.

But here is the big difference:

My weeping hoses do not leave me stranded along side of the road like a headgasket does.

My steering clunk does not take out the entire engine when water starts to pour in from cavitaion of a front cover.

My weeping hoses don't turn my engine into a sludgy mess when the EGR cooler takes a dump.

My steering clunk does not bend the rods in the engine when the EGR cooler leaks into the cylinders and hydraulic's the engine.

Yes, they all have problems, and I will have to live with a steering clunk until I get it fixed under warranty by GM. Speaking of warranty, my GM dealer said they would fix all of my annoying problems for free.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

ib516

Up here!

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 09:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hoping for good luck for you getting it fixed - what ever it is. Keep us updated.

2010 Cougar 322QBS 5er
Prev:
01 Dodge 2500 360 gas, 4.10
02 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, 3.55
07 Dodge 3500 SRW Mega 5.9L Cummins, 3.73
Current:
2014 RAM 2500, 6.4L Hemi, 4.10, auto

10000# GVWR, 5500# FGAWR, 6500# RGAWR, 3040# payload, 15470# tow rating, 22500# GCWR

Engineer9860

Eagle Scout dad

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 09:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Two days in a row? Your truck should not regen that frequently unless your commutes are not long enough to allow sufficient cleaning of the DPF in one cycle.

I have been told that it can take up to 25 miles of non-stop driving for a full regen process to occur. I don't ever remember my truck taking that long, it seems to complete a regen in 10~15 miles.

The latest Ford program only gives you a 10 second message that a regen has started. In the old days the message was present during the whole regen cycle. If you are busy driving your truck, and paying attention to the road, you can miss this brief message with the current programming.

If your commutes are short, you may try taking your truck for a long drive to allow it to have a chance to fully evacuate the DPF.

In Memoriam: Liberty Belle

Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 09:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

how come you havn't had it into the dealer yet?

they should at least do a scan on it.

45Ricochet

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Powerdude wrote:

I have news for you. There is no perfect truck, and there is no "right" brand. They all have problems.

I agree, they all have problems.

My LBZ has the infamous steering clunk, weeping tranny and engine oil cooler hoses. SUPER freaking annoying to me for a $40K truck.

But here is the big difference:

My weeping hoses do not leave me stranded along side of the road like a headgasket does.

My steering clunk does not take out the entire engine when water starts to pour in from cavitaion of a front cover.

My weeping hoses don't turn my engine into a sludgy mess when the EGR cooler takes a dump.

My steering clunk does not bend the rods in the engine when the EGR cooler leaks into the cylinders and hydraulic's the engine.

Yes, they all have problems, and I will have to live with a steering clunk until I get it fixed under warranty by GM. Speaking of warranty, my GM dealer said they would fix all of my annoying problems for free.

I agree, my batteries seem to be getting weak, POC Cummins

06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
GVWR 12,200 RAWR 9350
06 Grand Junction 34' High profile 15500 GVWR 3200 pin Mor/ryde 5500 Onan genny Dual A/C Wet bolts
27' Hallett 502, 500HP

anaro

Mebane, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 05:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I drove the truck home on the highway tonight. It was about 15 mi of highway and 3 mi of local roads (still 35-40 mph but occasional stop lights). No smoke at all. The usual drive to work is about 17 mi. If it is the regen problem, I can have my DH drive it to work once a week. He is a 52 mi drive (each way) of mostly highway. We usually have him take his car for fuel mileage and I like driving big things, he likes driving small things. We are trying to figure out how to get the truck into the shop as we can't survive on one car due to our work/daycare schedules. We work in healthcare so coming in late or working from home are not an option. We will have to rent a car. Trying to get that arranged, speak w/ dealership and eat lunch in a half hour lunch break (only break I get) is not easy. I'm hoping to get it in on mon and just let the truck sit in the driveway for the weekend. Thanks again for all the advice.

2014 Silverado 3500 Duramax, SRW, Crew Cab, 4WD
2014 Palomino Sabre 34REQS
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BL - sold after 3 1/2 yrs and 76 nights camped in it!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> ? about 6.4L F250
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS