|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> lippert level up system

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
cKarlGo

Alexandria, VA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/12 09:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kakampers wrote:

...that darned 50amp cord is HEAVY!!!

And bulky. Based on the dimensions I saw, the water hose reel and the power cord reel together would take less space than the container I use to store my power cord now.

---------
k.
2012 Montana 3402
2011 Chevy 3500
2007 Black Lab/Pitt Bull mix named Harley

kakampers

Fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/12 09:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cKarlGo wrote:

kakampers wrote:

And bulky. Based on the dimensions I saw, the water hose reel and the power cord reel together would take less space than the container I use to store my power cord now.

That could be, not sure what type you're looking at. Ours is actually installed in the tail end of the 5er, in the bottom J wrap. It's hardwired in where the plug used to go, and has a drop-down, locking door, so we freed up a lot of storage space in the cargo bay...Cord Reel

2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

richfaa

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/12 10:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

power roll up for the 50 amp cord...Got to look into that. Rolling up the cord is the last major chore in setup/take down.. I need that button.

2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky. 08 Ford F-350 6.4L

cKarlGo

Alexandria, VA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/12 10:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

richfaa wrote:

power roll up for the 50 amp cord...Got to look into that. Rolling up the cord is the last major chore in setup/take down.. I need that button.

I had actually looked for manual reels, but never found ones that I thought to be sturdy enough. For me, it's less the powered feature than it is the nice and neat process of rolling up the cord and hose.

cKarlGo

Alexandria, VA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/12 10:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kakampers wrote:

cKarlGo wrote:

kakampers wrote:

That could be, not sure what type you're looking at. Ours is actually installed in the tail end of the 5er, in the bottom J wrap. It's hardwired in where the plug used to go, and has a drop-down, locking door, so we freed up a lot of storage space in the cargo bay...Cord Reel

Very similar to that, but it has a twist lock for the cord. The cord is not permanently attached. You twist lock it on when you're ready to roll it up.

I wish I had a place to put one of those on my coach and hard wire it in.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/12 10:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kakampers wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

kakampers wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I have lived in my Mobile suites since November and I move to another location on average every two weeks. That is about 16 times, that means I could have saved 1 hour and 20 minutes if I had the auto level system. Is it worth that kind of money for so little time? I could use that money to actually put quality furniture in my RV that I would get many hours of use. OR ??????

Have what works for you, I hope it does not leave you stranded as it has so many.

Still trying to figure out where the "so many" are??? Not to mention, with two different backup systems...even if I can't make it auto level, I have TWO different options to have it manually level...how can it possibly"strand" me?? It has not failed me ONE time in three years, and I only see a HANDFUL of people on RV.Net who seem to have issues with it. However, don't ever recall it stranding any of them...

I get it,YOU don't like the autolevel, or at least don't want to spend the money on it...so don't get it, but don't put down something you obviously know NOTHING about...

A little thin skinned are we??????

Show me where I PUT DOWN anything.

Read it again when the smoke clears and you will see I meant no harm only wanting people to ask is it really worth the extra money?

In a previous post I said look at the Mobile suites forum there are several that have had problems.

You don't think the "I hope it does not leave you stranded as it has so many" remark is a put down?? Especially since you've never owned it. Then we have a different definition of "put down"...in addition "several who have had problems" on the Mobile Suite forum is a far cry from the "many" you insinuated it stranded...

Like I said, if you don't want to spend the money...don't, but don't try to influence others with bogus, over inflated comments...

I never said I don't like the auto level.

I gave reasons I did not feel the need to have one and what I did to set mine set up to be perfectly level when I finished my set up. And how little time mine takes. And what I may do with the money saved. Was that inflamitory???? Maybe it was bogus?????

I said,,,,"Have what works for you, I hope it does not leave you stranded as it has so many." I was not talking to you personally with the word "you" . I guess the statement "have what works for you" is trying to influence others??????

What comment was bogus or over inflated...

The words several or many could each mean a wide range of amounts. It seems you want to take any of my comments with the worst possible meaning. I wanted people to look at the MS forums to see for them selves there have been ( you fill in the amount ) problems.

Like I said "a little too thin skinned"

2011 Ram Laramie Longhorn 3500 Dually Long Bed, Cummins 350/800 HO, Towin Machine
B&W Companion Hitch, Maghytec Trans and Rear Dif Covers, AMZ/OIL Top To Bottom
2007 1/2 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 27,000# Combined

Rossey

Appomattox, Virginia. / Rockville, Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/12 11:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I have lived in my Mobile suites since November and I move to another location on average every two weeks. That is about 16 times, that means I could have saved 1 hour and 20 minutes if I had the auto level system. Is it worth that kind of money for so little time? I could use that money to actually put quality furniture in my RV that I would get many hours of use. OR ??????

Have what works for you, I hope it does not leave you stranded as it has so many.

Off the subject of the Lippert level up.....BUT I just had to respond. I had the the totally automatic "Big Foot System" installed on my Cardinal 5er last Nov. but kept the stock hydraulic landing gear & now I have the option to use either system. Cost me some big bucks to have it installed, but I feel the convenience is worth it.... great system (BigFoot). Don't want to sound like I'm starting a war here but have you folks ever noticed that when someone wants to justify something in THEIR MIND they sometimes say things like " is it REALLY worth that kind of money?" or "I can use the bucks for something else" or "I hope it dosen't leave you stranded"......... if you don't want to spend the bucks for something....... DON'T DO IT ! Some of us on this forum appreciate the convience of the latest technology, and take our chances with it.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/12 12:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rossey wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Off the subject of the Lippert level up.....BUT I just had to respond. I had the the totally automatic "Big Foot System" installed on my Cardinal 5er last Nov. but kept the stock hydraulic landing gear & now I have the option to use either system. Cost me some big bucks to have it installed, but I feel the convenience is worth it.... great system (BigFoot). Don't want to sound like I'm starting a war here but have you folks ever noticed that when someone wants to justify something in THEIR MIND they sometimes say things like " is it REALLY worth that kind of money?" or "I can use the bucks for something else" or "I hope it dosen't leave you stranded"......... if you don't want to spend the bucks for something....... DON'T DO IT ! Some of us on this forum appreciate the convience of the latest technology, and take our chances with it.

I agree, I love some of the latest and greatest, but sometimes basic is good also. I gave reasons why I like what I have, and why I don't need or want the auto system. Should this thread be for only the cheerleaders of the level up?

I said nothing bad about the system so why are few getting so defensive? Can't I ask is the system really worth the money?

I gave info for some on the fence to think about, I sure was not trying to get anyone to get rid of theirs or say they are iddiots for having the system.

My 2011 RAM CUMMINS HO Dually has every high tech option. To do it over again I would not get the rear flip down tv. Not worth it to me!

If you like what you have enjoy it!!!!!!!

buc1980

houston tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/12 05:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be careful with Big foot system it can't be install on all the trailer.I find that few weeks ago.

2011 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,Breaksmart controller(not install I use Ford controler ),Equa-Flex.6 points LIPPERD Level-up.

GaPete

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/12 06:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

buc1980 wrote:

Be careful with Big foot system it can't be install on all the trailer.I find that few weeks ago.
X2....Lippert told me it would void my Lippert frame warranty due to twisting issues.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> lippert level up system
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS