|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> lippert level up system

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
rmalik1

Pittsburgh,Pa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/12 11:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GaPete wrote:

Lantley wrote:

After you unhitch, just hit auto level and you are done. Finished, beer time.
X2
X3

2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30

rmalik1

Pittsburgh,Pa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/12 11:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

kakampers wrote:

I really don't feel "a lot" of people have problems with Level-Up...there seems to be a handful on this forum who have just not learned how to use it properly. Gives a skewed picture of a very good product...JMHO.

Most people don't have the level up on this forum.

Go to Mobile Suites forum and there are several who have had to go back to the factory or dealer and still are not right.

My point is I dont feel the need to push one button and have it level. I understand some can't tell when something is out of level or they use those useless levels with the ball bearing. So for them this may be the way to go.

I hope you the best of luck with yours. I know I will never have any of the problems with one because I can make mine have same end result with just a bit more work and a whole lot less money.

Each to their own! You like it your way "thats OK". Others like myself like auto levelers. I do think that most people would prefer auto levelers!

richfaa

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 08:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we knew we would be getting the level up system on this Montana big sky we did go to , among others , the suites owners forum. The topics on that forum are the same as topics on every owners forum. I was not alarmed by reported issue with the level up systems as one expects to see problems reported on a owners forum. I was no more alarmed by level up issues that I was by reported Lippert frame issues on this forum out of the many thousands in service the number reported on this or any other forum is small..

Every time we saw a level up system on any brand we asked how it worked and have not yet had a negative reply. There is one next door to us now
We are now back on the suites owners forum and will revisit how many... is ..many.

As for a individual choosing not to have the auto level system that is his choice and he has stated his reasons and they are as valid as ours for having the system. To in any way suggest that any system is less than effective because of post on a forum is IMO improper. It is "information" and a very small sampling at that.

2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky. 08 Ford F-350 6.4L

LostinAZ

At Home

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 10:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After our experience with owning a 5th wheel and having several major problems we would tend to shy away from complex itmes and try to keep the replacement unit as simple as possible. I don't even want to think about what the repair costs would be for a leveling system.

richfaa

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 10:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LostinAZ wrote:

After our experience with owning a 5th wheel and having several major problems we would tend to shy away from complex itmes and try to keep the replacement unit as simple as possible. I don't even want to think about what the repair costs would be for a leveling system.

That is true a less complex unit may be the best for you. There will be provlems but they should be less major. Since the level up system is OEM on our big sky it is covered under our Extended warranty after the manufactnurers warranty runs out. The cost to replace or repair may be high but it will cost us no more than 50.00.Understanding all the "workmanship and quality" issues that exist in the RV industry we did purchase a Extenmed warranty in 2006 on our previous unit. We did have both major amd minor out of warranty issues but none cost us more than 50.00.I think the total over 6 years was 200 maybe 250.00.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 11:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The bending at the waist adding and removing the blocking to level side to side is good for you!

2011 Ram Laramie Longhorn 3500 Dually Long Bed, Cummins 350/800 HO, Towin Machine
B&W Companion Hitch, Maghytec Trans and Rear Dif Covers, AMZ/OIL Top To Bottom
2007 1/2 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 27,000# Combined

cKarlGo

Alexandria, VA

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 12:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

The bending at the waist adding and removing the blocking to level side to side is good for you!

No, it's not. I have serious health issues and cannot raise and lower anything heavier than a glass of wine.

---------
k.
2012 Montana 3402
2011 Chevy 3500
2007 Black Lab/Pitt Bull mix named Harley

bobrizer2

Winter Haven FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/12 12:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I may, I would like to add one more thought to this discussion. That which gives you grief tends to color your attitude toward a product. I have read of many RVer's who have problems with Dometic and Norcold refrigerators and think they are junk. My refrigerator works just fine and I am happy with it. I have read of people having trouble with Lippert frames, but I am happy with mine. I could go on, but the point is clear, if it is your rig that is having problems, then it doesn't matter if the problem is wide spred or not. You still have a problem.

richfaa

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 03:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is true and most of us understand that but we do not let the fact that we have problems consume most of our waking hours blasting the vendor or manufacturer of the product..Life goes on...

Duck

Miami Lakes, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/12 04:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW up to 108 post. Almost as good as a tire post
Don

08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next