|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Getting the sewer hose 35' to septic tank

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
EricGT

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 08:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our septic tank is 35' from our driveway. It is also on a downward slope, so I cannot drive any closer to it.

I currently have the 15' Camco Rhinoflex hose kit and would be looking at adding a 20' extension to get it to the septic tank.

My question is, how do I keep the collapsible hose extended to the tank? I want to make this a one person operation as I know my wife will NOT hold the hose end over the septic tank while I open the black and grey tank valves.

CORRECTION- I measured last night and it is 75' to the septic clean out since I am now not going to use the septic lid.

* This post was edited 03/09/12 05:17am by EricGT *

2002 'The Rogue' by Mckenzie div of Monaco Coach
24' E450 chassis, V10, Class C, Single slide

Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 08:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EricGT wrote:

Our septic tank is 35' from our driveway. It is also on a downward slope, so I cannot drive any closer to it.

I currently have the 15' Camco Rhinoflex hose kit and would be looking at adding a 20' extension to get it to the septic tank.

My question is, how do I keep the collapsible hose extended to the tank? I want to make this a one person operation as I know my wife will NOT hold the hose end over the septic tank while I open the black and grey tank valves.

Sounds like you need a portable macerator. That would do the job. I don't have one right now, but it's the next big RV related purchase I'm going to make.

Erroll, Mary, Duffy the Badger Dog plus "Ollie"
"The Traveling Koala"
2012 Koala 21CS
2005 F150 Supercab 4x4, w/ 5.4L
And Equal-i-zer WDH/Sway Control

rv2go

Fulltime (Knoxville, TN).... or someplace else

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 08:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why don't you manage the hose end at the septic tank and let you wife pull the valves open. Surely she is capable of doing this small task.

Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Travel Photos

msmith1199

Central, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just find something heavy to put on the hose, but not so heavy as to crush the hose. Or get two cinder blocks and run the hose through them. Offset the cinder blocks enough to pinch the hose between them. Or get a long enough piece of 4" pvc pipe and use that instead of colapsable hose. It would probably be cheaper anyway.

2004 National Tropi-Cal T-350, Class A, Triple slide, 330 HP Cat DP.
2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4

Electronpusher

Southern Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 08:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look here http://emptythetanks.com/

ReM

Dick & Bette
and
Jedediah the Cat
2004 Journey 36G

oldbeek

lancaster CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 08:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You need a macranator. Grinds waste. I use a Sewer Solution kit. It adapts to 1" pvc quite well for the long run. Of corse slower that the 4" hose. Injected water pressure breaks up solids and flows it to dump. I push 20 ft and a rise in elevation of 5 inches. Less than $100.00 at Tweetys RV. Cleaner than 4" hose

1994 27sl Alpenlite, 2001 Dodge Cummins auto 3.54 stock

camperfamily

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 09:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you go the PVC route glue threaded male/female fittings to each end. Easy to break down to store. After a good rinsing, of course.

I'd seriously consider burrying the pipe from the parking spot to the tank. Then it's just a easy single connection like at the RV parks.

2007 Pilgrim 278BHSS
2013 F350 CC LB 6.7
2002 F350 CC LB PS (Retired)
B&W Companion Hitch

PAThwacker

East Stroudsburg, PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 09:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

haha, nothing beats living in the sticks of PA.

2008 Starcraft Travelstar Sport 21RBH
2008 Chevy Trailblazer V8 3.42/ 2004 k2500 Suburban LT 6.0, 3.73, g80 locker, center buckets, and sunroof.
Me, DW, dd08, dd12, 88lb black lab!

EricGT

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 08:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

oldbeek wrote:

You need a macranator. Grinds waste. I use a Sewer Solution kit. It adapts to 1" pvc quite well for the long run. Of corse slower that the 4" hose. Injected water pressure breaks up solids and flows it to dump. I push 20 ft and a rise in elevation of 5 inches. Less than $100.00 at Tweetys RV. Cleaner than 4" hose

I was reading reviews on the SS Kit and some of the complaints were that it did not allow the black tank to empty quickly enough causing solids to stay in the tank.
It sounds as if the Macerator is the way to go, but at quite a cost.
I hate to sound cheap, but I really hate to spend $300 just to move P@@H down a hose 35'. lol

I have actually thought of making a 30' PVC run with 2- 45 degree angles but would need a place to store that 'creation'. I guess I could drag it in and out of the woods.

gotsmart

Aberdeen, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 09:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use the Camco 39625 RV Revolution Swivel RV Sewer Kit because it's sectional. You only need to connect as many sections as you need. I also bought spare sections of Camco 39623 10' Revolution RV Swivel Sewer Hose Kit - which is good because a crow pecked through one of them down in Oregon last summer, and I swapped it out with a spare.

You could use these to make a 40' run down slope. Tie some rope around the elbow. Attach the hooks of a bunjee cord to the rope and anchor the bunjee on the far side of the septic tight enough to hold the elbow in place. I'd also put a board over the elbow with some weight on top to help prevent kick back.

2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Getting the sewer hose 35' to septic tank
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS