|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Getting the sewer hose 35' to septic tank

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
jwmII

out west

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 05:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go to your local hardware and purchase enough 3" plastic pipe and fittings and put that together with the proper fittings (elboe,threaded couplings an rv hose coupling on one end,etc,etc) and use the hard pipe setup. Once it is setup it will stay put better than a flexible hose.When done either cap off each end after flushing or unscrew the joint(s)and put it away out of site.

jwmII

EricGT

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 05:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You guys have some excellent ideas. And thanks all very much!
HOWEVER, I have some concern from the one post that said sewage should not be poured into a septic tank from the top(clean out lid).
Is this true?

2015 Thor A.C.E. 30.1 -'AliCE'

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/12 07:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EricGT - get a Macerator pump kit (Available from Amazon).. Comes in a nice carry case. Uses same twist-on sewer connector your hose uses. Also uses 12VDC remote control cable on the trailer side. Hook up 50-foot 3/4-inch or larger hose and pump away. Use the see thru adapter so you can tell when it is done... The pump will empty a 30-gallon tank in just a few minutes. Wont need your wife for a thing to help.

Looks like this...

FLOJET 18555-000 Waste Water Pump

* This post was edited 03/08/12 07:46am by RoyB *

My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - PM me
Roy and Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS
POPUP PHOTOs-Pg52

EricGT

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 08:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not the one running a water line.
Just trying to get the sewage 30' to the tank.

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 05:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rv2go wrote:

Why don't you manage the hose end at the septic tank and let you wife pull the valves open. Surely she is capable of doing this small task.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't think I'd enjoy RV'ing as much if my SO didn't equally share the tasks, even the dirty ones.

korbe

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 05:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EricGT wrote:

HOWEVER, I have some concern from the one post that said sewage should not be poured into a septic tank from the top(clean out lid).
Is this true?

I would tie into the existing sewer run near the tank, and not through the septic tank access lid.

I would also put the sewer line in the bottom of the trench, and put the water line up and over at least 12-inches. Not to code, but it's your health we're talking about.

2004 F250 SD PSD
2004 Crossroads Cruiser CF25RS

Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/12 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

chuggs wrote:

There should already be a clean out in the run between your house and the inlet to the septic tank. It may not be visible...because they put a threaded cap on it and covered the whole thing with dirt....but it should be there. You may only need to thread a collar into it...to bring the opening of the clean out up level with grade...so you can access it easily.

Mine wasn't a line to a septic tank, but the line out to the sewer, but I did the same thing.

The clean out was covered by dirt during construction of the house. I just had to dig a few holes to find the cleanout. Once I found it, I added an extention to get it slightly above grade. Good to dump in now.

Erroll, Mary, Duffy the Badger Dog plus "Ollie"
"The Traveling Koala"
2012 Koala 21CS
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
And Equal-i-zer WDH/Sway Control

chuggs

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/12 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

korbe wrote:

EricGT wrote:

Is this true?

I would tie into the existing sewer run near the tank, and not through the septic tank access lid.

I would also put the sewer line in the bottom of the trench, and put the water line up and over at least 12-inches. Not to code, but it's your health we're talking about.

There should already be a clean out in the run between your house and the inlet to the septic tank. It may not be visible...because they put a threaded cap on it and covered the whole thing with dirt....but it should be there. You may only need to thread a collar into it...to bring the opening of the clean out up level with grade...so you can access it easily.

In Florida, at least, IIRC...our code had me bury the LPSS pipe 14" beneath grade. where water was required to run deeper...and you have to go beneath your frost level by a certain ammount in colder climates. Not to say that you still can't bury the sewer run really deep... Gravity sewer lines are known to go very deep in places to observe the required slope in the pipe. Just saying'

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Getting the sewer hose 35' to septic tank
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS