RV.Net Open Roads Forum: I'm bragging - taking off weight !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Open Roads Forum  >  Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

> I'm bragging - taking off weight !

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 10:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK I'm 'subscribing' to this one

PGR_Skye

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 10:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fantastic!!!

Darrell & Madonna
Furkid, GSD Sigfried
2001 Patriot Thunder by Beaver
Jeep Grand Cherokee

Sportsman2505qss

Winter Springs, Fl USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 04:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thumbs UP

2002 KZ Sportsmen 2505qss bought in 2001 Sold 1999F-150
Itasca Spirit 2014
Manatee Hammock

jetenbu

Southeast Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 06:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please tell us how you are doing it.

Jim

RV: 2012 Montana 3625RE Quad Slide SKP#108921
TV: 2004.5 Dodge Dually 3500 HD
Favorite Quote: ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

Warning: THIS RIG PROTECTED BY SMITH AND WESSON!

U.S. Navy Vietnam Vet 1967-1968

Rede2

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 07:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very good, congratulations!
For everyone wanting to know how to lose weight my suggestion is read the book In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. He explains how food has changed over the years and most of what we eatnow is 'food like' products, not real food. It also explains why what we are eating is the cause of so many illnesses.

WyoTraveler

Northwest, Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 06:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wife and I did it on Nutri-System. Very pricey. Cheaper if both of you go on the diet. Wife lost 40, I lost 60 pounds. It wasn't too hard to lose, BUT! Harder to keep off. However, my blood pressure, triglycerides, blood sugar and cholesterol were totally out of control. I figured a diet was cheaper than major medical problems. My doctor was also surprised how much the weight loss helped.

They gave me basically 6 meals a day. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. The snacks are either fiber bars, low fat cheese, or piece of fruit. No alcohol, that was the hardest part. I make my own beer.

Nutri-System teaches you how to eat different and weigh out your foods. Several meals a day keeps the blood sugar from spiking. Harder to keep it off because these are the big things that add weight. Alcohol, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, & crackers.

I think any of the programs would work. I think getting into the regiment, weighing yourself every day, writing down everything you stuff into your mouth starts to educate you on the garbage we eat.

Prior to the diet I was eating once a day, drinking coffee all day and gaining weight. When your blood sugar spikes way up you just don't burn calories. I had been eating like that for several years and I am in my mid 70s.

We go out to dinner once or maybe twice a week now but the rest of the time we stick pretty close to watching what we eat.

2013 Monaco Monarch
2012 Jeep Wrangler
AC6CV, ex-WN8RUR, ex-W8RUR, ex-K7RIO, ex-WB6GBR since 1954
Commercial 1st class Radio Telephone, & Telegraph certificate
ARRL 35 WPM Certificate.

troll3193

SouthWest, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 08:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations!!!

I did that last year, took off a total of 55lbs and have kept it off for 7+ months..

I used weight watchers and have continued to keep track of points most days to ensure I keep it off.

Bryan

2006 RAM 3500 MegaCab w/Cummins Turbo Diesel
Mopar Exhaust Brake
2004 Dutchemen 31BK

SteveRuff

Bacliff, Texas, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 07:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good job! DW and I are also back on the regimen. We follow the Weight Watcher program and it keeps us going slowly in the right direction. We are happy with a 1 or 2 lb. weekly loss. Ours is mainly a problem of portion control, we just eat too darn much! We have found we can eat almost anything if we are careful about how MUCH of it we eat. That 2nd helping of mashed potatoes and gravy is a no-no now. As an added advantage I have found we now eat twice instead of once we I cook. I can cook on Mon. Wed. and Friday and have wonderful meals all week by just supplementing a salad or some fruit here and there.

Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

hokeypokey

xxx

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 07:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was a whisker away from going on meds for my gluclose problem so I decided to spend the $$ on a structured diet program.

I eat a protein pkg. for breakfast (omelet or drink), a protein lunch (soup, usually) plus 2 cups veg & unlimited lettuce. Dressing is sold in health market of our groc store (zero calories-many flavors, tastes great), dinner is 8 oz protein (lean beef, poultry, fish, etc - if this is less than 8 oz, add 1-2 hard boiled eggs - it's 2 oz protein - or add part of a can of tuna so you get 8 oz) with another 2 cups veg & unlimited lettuce, protein snack at 8 PM.

64 ounces of water every day & vitamin supplements, 2 tsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt. No fruit, dairy, rice, pasta, beans, bread, corn, carrots, beets, alcohol, even some vegs are taboo or limited to 2 x week.

In other words, no or low carbs. Protein fills me up so I'm not hungry nor do I think of food much. When I lose 80% of my goal, old foods will be introduced gradually. My closet is a lot more fun now & I feel amazing !

I put my lettuce in a mixing bowl because I can add vegs, dressing and toss it up really well. This diet is about 950 calories, 25 to 40 grams of carbs (vegs count for about 15 grams) daily.

If we eat out, we just go to our little local cafe & he fixes me a hamburger pattie & lettuce salad. I found a little squeeze container which holds 2 Tbls. dressing so I bring my own. I don't care much about eating out anyway. Do I miss anything ? Popcorn & oranges but that day will come (in moderation). BTW-men can have more protein.

A friend (nurse) did this (she weighed close to 400 lbs !!) and she looks amazing. Also 2 young brothers in our area have done this & taken off 500 pounds together ! Imagine the life-changes.

WyoTraveler

Northwest, Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 08:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That was one of my problems, I liked burgers. Burgers are fine, it is the bun that goes straight to weight gain. Plus moderation, no second helpings. Wife loads up the plates prior to us sitting down to eat now.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

> I'm bragging - taking off weight !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS