|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Rip Offs By Winnebago Parts

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 05:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There's always Mister Matter of Factly who says "if you don't like the price" or "if you can't afford it maybe you shouldn't be rving". Please, the guy has a legitimate gripe, it doesn't matter if he asked first, specified shipping, sent a carrier pidgeon. He got ripped off big time.

It is always this way when it comes to rvs. We always make excuses for our hobby and justify why the service, quality or price stinks.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

rr2254545

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 06:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

this sounds strange Winnebago does not sell any parts direct they all go through a dealer. OP is banging Winnebago I think it is the dealer he is using.

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited, Air Force One
172 Campgrounds since we retired in 2009

Les Curren

U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 08:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well thats pretty much what I expected from some of you. Shoot the messenger. It's easier than confronting the facts or checking it out yourselves.
And yes of coarse I went thru a dealer. I never asked the dealer about shipping costs because I expected I was dealing with a stand up company. And the second shipment was sent back. The method of putting several items in one box was the dealers idea. He learned a lesson also.
Instead of jumping down my throat why don't you just check it out with your local dealer.
You know it used to be on RV.NET that folks tried to help each other out. Not so much any more.

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 06:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder if he really was buying from Winnebago or a company using a similar name as another poster suggested because what he was describing is piracy. All reputable companies that ship do not make a profit on the actual shipping but simply pass on the cost. Handling charges can be different.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

rr2254545

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 07:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Repeat Winnebago does not sell parts direct - only through a dealer

RonR2440

Foxfield, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 07:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recently had to go through our local Coachmen dealer to buy a plastic moulding piece to cover the rv rear wheel opening. The dealer was up front about shipping costs, seems everything from the factory is freighted in which appears to really add to the cost. A 44.00 part almost doubled in price. I am sure the piece would have been much less expensive if they had sent it by UPS or Fedex.

M GO BLUE

Southgate, MI

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 05:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I find it hard to believe that you did not know the final price BEFORE you agreed to purchase the item...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel
Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

Dog Trainer

Richmond Mi.

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 08:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Les Curren wrote:

Well thats pretty much what I expected from some of you. Shoot the messenger. It's easier than confronting the facts or checking it out yourselves.
And yes of coarse I went thru a dealer. I never asked the dealer about shipping costs because I expected I was dealing with a stand up company. And the second shipment was sent back. The method of putting several items in one box was the dealers idea. He learned a lesson also.
Instead of jumping down my throat why don't you just check it out with your local dealer.
You know it used to be on RV.NET that folks tried to help each other out. Not so much any more.

I agree Here lately I don't know what got into us. But we are becoming more snarky and less helpfull. We want to say how stupid a poster is for getting into this position. I think alot of people not posting and quite a few that do will turn this forum into a pi$$ing contest.

93 Airstream 35' Dp
5.9 230 uprated to 300 HP
Allison MD 3060
Shadow 12 yr old Golden Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles (fur Bearing Children) Duchess my Golden daddys little girl at the Rainbow bridge since 4/12

dalenoel

S.E. Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 06:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dog Trainer wrote:

I think alot of people not posting and quite a few that do will turn this forum into a pi$$ing contest.

That is why I don't post as much anymore. Just read and PM most of the help comments if it borders on a topic that might get attacked.

04 Dodge RAM Quad Crew Cab 4x4
08 Jayco Eagle 322 FKS, Hensley Arrow, Prodigy Controller
Wife and myself, Lutheran Deacon, Oreo the Malshi, and maybe a grandkid or two
Tracking campgrounds with Ultimate Campground Log

mpierce

Scranton, ND

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/12 05:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scheesh! The man posts above being overcharged for shipping, and gets attacked. Should he have checked? YES. He is just warning us to check it out, and points out a company that makes most of their money with overcharging on shipping, and HE is attacked. I thank him for reminding ME to be sure to check the shipping charge.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Rip Offs By Winnebago Parts
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS