RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Folding Trailers: I can smell it in the air...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Folding Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Folding Trailers

> I can smell it in the air...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
bondebond

Searcy, AR

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 03:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With a beautiful weekend under my belt last weekend spent indoors doing a kitchen remodel, I had to escape to the garage to prep the PUP for this season. So, the last couple of evenings have seen:

Lowered the axle to prevent additional wheel rub against the wheel well (reference an earlier thread of mine) with custom brackets (note to self: get a welder and proper steel cutting equipment - a Dremel works, but come on), repack the bearings, put in a new WFCO 8725 to replace the dying Elixir ELX-20, discover I was completely lax about maintaining the electrolyte levels in the battery (note to self: just because it's a battery maintainer and desulfator doesn't mean it won't run a battery dry), replace a broken porch light switch and upgrade the LED in it.

Still to do:
Find a better method of securing the Popup Gizmos under the eve of the roof. I had some velcro attached that worked for a couple of seasons, but it's giving in to the strain.
Also, time to sanitize the water system and do a water pressure check - I wasn't able to winterize in time but we didn't get too cold here. Shame on me anyway.
Try to find a deal on a good deep cycle that's idiot proof - yeah, I know...
Then, the usual restocking of goodies.

And why the rush? My DW tells me, after I sat down exhausted Sunday night, that she wants to go camping this next weekend. Still, I can't complain. At least I won't be installing cabinets.

Bring on the camping season!

This space left intentionally.

2006 Fleetwood Sequoia and mods...one of the tallest highwall pop-ups on the planet after flipping the axle.

JLTN_James

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/12 10:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camp or install cabinets? Take camping! The cabinets are a winter project anyway, right?

I'm envious of your ability to get out this early. I have to wait a few more weeks before our first run of the season.

2004 Toyota Tundra SR5 (V8, 4WD, TP, TRD)
2005 Fleetwod Allegance with axle flip
Honeywell 2000i Generator

Me, DW, DS, DD, & Chicken-Dog

bondebond

Searcy, AR

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 11:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And then the rain storms rolled in today...it looks like "cabinets" weather all weekend. Oh well.

galexander

Omaha,Nebraska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/12 03:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Weather person says hi 60's to lower 70's this Sunday,Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday. I have Sunday-Monday off from work, may take vac. day Tuesday and go camping. Camper is all loaded up and ready to go. Need only food and a cooler of beer. DW says she is staying home, sounds like a plan to me.

2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 Double Cab 4.3L EcoTec3
2013 Jayco X18D HTT
Equal-i-zer 4 Point WDH
Tekonsha Brake Controller

rehoppe

Denver & Nathrop Colo or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 08:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Think I'll head up the hill in a week or two. Feels like spring some of the time.

I CAN'T TAKE THE TRAFFIC DOWN HERE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!

The old plea is applicable; Help Help, get me out of here!

I expect to burn some serious amounts of propane when I go, however. Gets cold @ 7500' in the Collegiates.

Hoppe
2011 Dodge 1500 C'boy Caddy
2000 Jayco C 28' Ford chassis w V-10 E450
Doghouse 36' or so Trophy Classic TT

bondebond

Searcy, AR

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/12 07:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, but being in the Collegiates is worth it! All of my in-laws live in Divide and the Springs, so I get that way almost enough. Beautiful part of creation.

I did an "off the grid" a few years ago at Taylor Park and loved it, but was so very glad for propane during the night.

rehoppe

Denver & Nathrop Colo or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/12 07:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bondebond wrote:

Yes, but being in the Collegiates is worth it! All of my in-laws live in Divide and the Springs, so I get that way almost enough. Beautiful part of creation.

I did an "off the grid" a few years ago at Taylor Park and loved it, but was so very glad for propane during the night.

The east side of the Collegiates, in the Arkansas River valley does tend to have a bit milder climate than the West side. Taylor Park, being on the West catches more of the brunt of the storms it seems. I'm in zip 81236 up there.

It's a Doghouse but it's most of what I Need.

Weather.com clicky

Stop by if you get up that way. Maybe we can wet a line? Mother's Day Caddis Hatch is coming up.

JLTN_James

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/12 04:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still just a bit cool overnight for the DW & Kids, but I'd be OK with those temps! Our first trip of the season will be the end of March. Heading up to Fort Robinson, NE for the annual Boy Scout Tree Plant there.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Folding Trailers

> I can smell it in the air...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Folding Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS