|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Sitting at Dusty's RV in Bartow FL for warranty work

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
joebedford

at stick house

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 07:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been here for an hour. Appointment at 8am. RV still sitting at service reception. Everything was arranged in advance. Sigh...

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/12 07:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry, seems to be the norm at most rv repair places, but if you wanted to buy another one you could not beat the salesman off with a stick.

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 09:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't think I've ever had a warranty repair done on a car or truck in less than an hour either. It would be NICE if they had a "drive through window" Good luck / Skip

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

rolnhome

Casa Grande, Az

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 07:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My last RV shop appointmet was for 9AM. They got around to me at 1:30. Good luck

We're in Arizona

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 08:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

if you had an app and there not on it in the next hr I,D LEAVE when I make an app even at the doctors office the girls know I,ll leave if I,m not called within about thirty min of my app time. I respect others and demand it in return.and I tell them up front.

JRS & B

Florida/Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 09:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You said warranty work so you can't very well just leave.

I have dealt with them just for parts/accessories and found that part of their business to be well run. They reduced the price on a display item that had no box and gave free shipping on something that specifically called for a shipping charge.

Have you politely asked when you will be taken? The noisy wheel always gets the most grease. Give them a story about how you need the work done asap because you have already made plans that would be difficult and expensive to cancel.

Good Luck

joebedford

at stick house

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 02:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They took it into the shop at 9:10am. As of 4pm, 2.5 of the 10 items are done. The .5 is a new ramp, but they haven't put the decals on it yet.

We'll be staying here again tonight and maybe tomorrow night too.

joebedford

at stick house

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/12 06:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sitting in the Dusty's lounge again. We're up to 4 items complete and two half done. They're installing the decals on the ramp right now. Maybe we'll be out of here today??

FYI, I went into a brand new Voltage Epic to check the rating of the patio ramp (ours is not patio style). The patio ramp is rated at 3000lbs as is ours and is identical appearance.

Oh yeah, If you have that fold out couch thingy on the lift beds in the garage, watch out for the white knives (supports) that hang down below. I have a nice gouge in my scalp thanks to one of those. So if you're getting a 3905 Epic delivered at Dusty's and there is blood on the support, it's mine.

joebedford

at stick house

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/12 10:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're up to 8.5 items complete. The tech can't figure out how to program the keypad for keyless entry.

There's hope for an escape today!!!

Rob_Fla

Where we Park It

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 06:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a great dealer near us that has taken care of some warranty items for us.
We did buy our previous 05 Jayco Eagle 5th Wheel from them but did not buy our current Jayco Pinnacle 5th Wheel from them (We found our Pinnacle on the lot at another dealer).
Made a appointment a couple of weeks ago for some warranty work, they started on it 15 minutes after we arrived.
Sure wish they had the 5th Wheel we bought in stock so we could have bought it from them, they are great.

2014 Redwood 38FL
2012 GMC 3500HD SLT DRW

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Sitting at Dusty's RV in Bartow FL for warranty work
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: