|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Folding Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Folding Trailers

> lift system cable

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
baglady201

usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/12 11:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a used Coleman pop up, and the driver side front corner has a broken cable. Do I need to buy the 199' long cable, or will the "short" cable do? The site had no measurement listed on the short cable. Seems to me if the other 3 corners are lifting ok with the crank, I shouldn't need to replace the whole lift system, but I may be wrong. There is a price difference of 25.00 so I am praying for the short cable to be my solution.

The Baglady &... No, just me
and my '68 DeCamp Cricket

rrupert

NW PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/12 04:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tell me what year and model it is and maybe I can find your answer. Each corner post has both a long and a short cable. The long cable goes to the lifting mechanism underneath and the short cable is contained within the post to make the sections telescope. The different Coleman models have different length cables because the lengths of most of the trailer boxes vary from 8 to 12 feet. There could be anywhere from about 184" to 256" cables. It appears that all four long cables are the same length on all trailers.

You should be glad you have a Coleman trailer because they have the easiest to replace cables. You don't have to tear anything apart inside the trailer to access them.

* This post was edited 03/09/12 05:10pm by rrupert *

Rich and Joyce
2010 HiLo 2310H
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU

mwomack

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/12 02:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buy your cable from Lowe's. It is much cheaper than Coleman. We replaced all cables on our Flagstaff. We bought one length from Lowe's then used the original cables to measure the needed length.

MWomack

wilfwolf

Atlanta,GA

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/12 03:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mwomack wrote:

Buy your cable from Lowe's. It is much cheaper than Coleman. We replaced all cables on our Flagstaff. We bought one length from Lowe's then used the original cables to measure the needed length.

Coleman is adding more value to its brand and the products are more expensive than others.

I've no house in the city, just a camping tent in the wild.

bondebond

Searcy, AR

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/12 08:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wilfwolf wrote:

mwomack wrote:

Coleman is adding more value to its brand and the products are more expensive than others.
By what method is Coleman adding value to cable? It comes off of the same ship from an overseas supplier. I am all for buying OEM where it makes some sense, but in this case, wire cable is a true commodity item. I don't see it on this one. You're paying for a logo.

This space left intentionally.

2006 Fleetwood Sequoia and mods...one of the tallest highwall pop-ups on the planet after flipping the axle.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Folding Trailers

> lift system cable
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Folding Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS