|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Kodiak 284BHSL

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
harleyfire18

Woodstock, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/12 04:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello just purchased my new new 2012 Kodiak 284BHSL and wanted to get some discussion going here for any owners of these coaches. Some issues I've noticed so far are:

window shades throughout are pleated pull down shades except for the window by the kitchen sink is white metal mini blinds. Anyone else have this? I dont know if they overlooked this window or because its by the sink that they did this.

radio reception is poor if non existent for the noaa weather band (there is no outside antenna so I dont know what they use for the radio's antenna)

So thats it for now but I'm sure I'll have more later. So any Kodiak owners out there join in and lets get some good discussion going like this forum is known for.

73 Matt KC9SVJ

06 F250 Super Duty Lariat with a 6.0 Power Stroke Diesel pulling a 2012 Kodiak 284BHSL

Charltons

Battle Ground, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/12 05:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

every trailer and motorhome I have had had the metal blind by the sink and stove. I assume its in place of the fabric due to Fire hazard.

2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 TCD
2012 Keystone Sprinter 311BHS

301TBS

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/12 06:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As for radio reception, pull the radio out and see if the antenna is connected. My last tt had no roof ant as well, and the ant wire was coiled up at the radio. I extended it in the cupboard and it was fine. New tt has mushroom antenna and does not have great reception where i live for tv or radio.

2012 Crossroads Z1 271B
2009 F150 4x4,4.6,3v. 6spd. 3.73/9.75
Reese dual cam

zzpw3x

Pittsburgh

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 09:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Kodiak Express 265 BHSL with the metal blind by the sink.

kodiakcanuck

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/12 08:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes the mini blinds over the sink is come in many trailers, it's a fire hazard to have the fabric pleated ones near the stove.

Not sure about the radio receiption, mine is not too bad. Likely something to due with the poor quality Jensen radio's that come with most trailers. I usually have worse luck with the TV antenna picking anything up.

2011 Kodiak 240KSSL
Husky Center Line WDH
2010 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4, 3:55, 5.7L - at last, a HEMI
2007 Kodiak 214 HTT (prior)

knesdad

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/12 07:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For all you new 284BHSL owners, check out the new Dutchmen RV Owner's Group.

Dave & Sue
Kiley & Emily
Izzie (Beagle/Bichon/Mini Poodle)
2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
2012 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL -- Dutchmen Owners

joncopple

Western Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/12 04:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We picked up the same unit this month. Mine has a fair bit of road damage (rock chips) to the decals and a few external plastic bits have frozen and cracked. I suppose you can expect that with the very cold winters in Canada. Will all be replaced before we take it for the first trip

I've just ordered a propride 3P hitch to take care of any sway that I may get with the prairie winds.

The one thing I couldn't understand was the variation in price on these things depending on where you buy it. Staggering!

harleyfire18

Woodstock, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/12 07:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replys. Yep I guess the metal blinds by the sink/stove are common. I'll learn to live with it. Most of the time I will have them all the way up so not a big deal. I haven't had a chance to pull the radio out to investigate the antenna.

I did figure out why my fridge would only work on propane - the AC cord was unplugged in the outside access panel.

So far not too impressed with the camping world where I bought the camper. I had them put a strut on the exterior door and it pulled out of the side of the trailer the 1st day when I picked it up so I already have to take it back for them to fix that. Will post pics soon...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Kodiak 284BHSL
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS