RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Lake raystown resort

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
rtaylor0830

davidsonville md

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 09:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will be taking my family to lake raystown resort in june we will be in the birch area any comments on the campground and if it is well suited for young children are appreciated

HHfundays

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 10:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are interested in your post too. We are booked for a trip there this summer too. Thanks for the post.

shar3890

Pottstown, Pa

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/12 01:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been there many times. The main activity of the resort is of course boating and water sports. The sites are nice, but just water and electric hookups. Bathouses are fairly clean. There is a nice restaurant and marina area in the park-also located here is river boat "Proud Mary" which you can cruise the river on if you want. They used to rent boats from the marina-I think they still do (we have our own), so not sure if they still do. There is also a water park, pool and rec area near the main check in area. You will need to drive to most activities in the park because it is very spread out. The lake is absolutely beautiful. We truely love going to this campground.

The Texan

Wellton, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 08:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have never stayed there, but have spent some time at the resort and driven through all the loops. The main lodge has a good restaurant and other facilities. There is the normal activities for kids, but everything is spread out a long way from end to end. IMO, Seven Points Rec Area is a lot more kid and family friendly, with all the different camp grounds, marina and visitors center.

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/ the Rzr or ACE or a Quad riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

dblr

Newark De

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/12 05:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice place jusy water & electric hook ups, it gets very crowded there on the weekends like most places but mostly with the boaters. Not sure where you are in campground but if you are lakeside of course they are the best sites. Have a great time.

05 F350
2010 Cedar Creek 36RE
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

ljr

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 11:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scratch that. I misunderstood the question. I'm talking about the COE campground not the resort. I've never been there.

* This post was edited 03/10/12 11:47am by ljr *

Larry

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS