RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Hydraulic Jacks (No power to control unit)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Hydraulic Jacks (No power to control unit)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
ThePatricksRV

Indianapolis

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 12:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am a relatively inexperienced owner of a 2005 Winnebago Sightseer 29R. For some reason there is no power to the control unit of the hydraulic jacks. Not sure what the issue is. Can anyone provide any advice? Which fuse? I am not having any luck.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Fred/Sheri

Stillwater, Ok, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 03:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it is not truly a power problem it could be low on hydraulic fluid, I had that on my coach. Just sayin'..Fred

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 05:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from Forum Technical Support to Tech Issues.

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 05:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You didn't give us clues as to how you know there is no power to the control unit.

There should be a "lock out" on the jacks so that if the rig is not in Park and the parking brakes are not set, the jacks should not work.

Tom

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 06:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ThePatricksRV wrote:

Are you say that the power to the control unit would shut off if the hydraulic fluid is low???

There is NO Jack system that will shut OFF the power to the Jack system if low on fluid. Please explain better. You mean the TOUCH pad in the drivers area is dead or the power to the Hydraulic Pump system. The Pump system has a heavy Gauge positive wire where the dash pad uses Ignition power. This should be your operators manual (325 system). Doug

http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml31588.pdf

ThePatricksRV

Indianapolis

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 05:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you say that the power to the control unit would shut off if the hydraulic fluid is low???

T&A

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 07:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What brand and model or type of levelers do you have? Mine has a fuse at the joystick control panel, another inline fuse at the pump, and yet another under the hood in the power distribution box. I've blown all three at different times all for no apparent reason. I've also lost power when the joystick panel cover had issues. On mine, the power to the main switch runs through a set of spring contacts between the panel cover to the circuit board below. After checking all of the fuses I accidentally found that pushing down on the panel would cause the LED's to come on. Pulled the panel, stretched the springs, and replaced the panel. That corrected the problem....at least for now.
Good luck,
Terry

Terry & Amy
2004 Hurricane 30F on P32 Workhorse Chassis
2010 GMC Terrain (Towed)
2010 Ford Escape(Future Towed)

Where are we going.....and why am I in this handbasket?

T&A

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 07:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a guess. If sitting in the cold for a long period, the oil could thicken and cause the pump to draw more power and COULD possibly pop a fuse. Again, just a guess.
Terry

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 06:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pulsar wrote:

You didn't give us clues as to how you know there is no power to the control unit.

There should be a "lock out" on the jacks so that if the rig is not in Park and the parking brakes are not set, the jacks should not work.

Tom

You would get an Indicator on the Touch Pad if the Brake was not set on his year model. Doug

ThePatricksRV

Indianapolis

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 07:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The RV is in park and the parking brake is set. There is no power to the control unit and the red light on the dash, which indicates that the jacks are down, does not light up. Everything else in the RV appears to be in working order.

As a side note, the RV has been parked for the winter since November. Although I have started the RV at least once a month and let it run for a period of time, it has not moved. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Hydraulic Jacks (No power to control unit)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS