|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Purchase Timing

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
rcpaint

ri

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 01:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does anyone know when the best time is to purchase a TT. Some say the end of the month..RV Shows or mid summer. can you help us. any info will help.

Artum Snowbird

Campbell River, B.C., Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 01:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

About two months before you really need it, and about 15 minutes before closing time near the end of a really rainy month when nothing has sold and the place will be closed for two days just before month end.

Mike and Carole
2007 Snowbird 9'6" Super Slide Sold
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2000 F350 7.3 SC 4X4
previously 8'10" Snowbird Camper
2006 Triple E Regency 27 foot SXL SOLD!

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 03:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dealers seldom work on any kind of quota system so not sure that it will make any difference at all. MOST of the time even the salesmen have little control over prices etc (if that's your goal).

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

Wiscampsin

Wisconsin USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 04:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would think it depends on where your located. In northern climates fall would be the best time because dealers don't want to carry a big inventory over the slow selling time of winter. If you're in Florida or Texas it may be different.

2013 Palomino Sabre 34 REQS-6
http://s1340.beta.photobucket.com/user/W........6?&_suid=1357224714962013706578115184365

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 04:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you want an RV, buy it... If you are looking for the 'best deal'.. Why do you want to RV in the first place?? I bought mine in July and got the price I wanted and went on my first camping trip in August with it...

I didn't care what other's bought the same rig for... I didn't care how much under the sticker I got it for... I wanted to RV and I wanted that rig and I got it for a price I was willing to pay, which was lower than the asking price, so I was satisfied.. That was almost 10 years ago and I still have the same rig and I'm still happy with it and I still love camping with it..

That's my story..

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2003 Prowler Lynx 722F #5000 GVWR and weighs every bit of it! Happy Camping!

turninghawk

Ormond Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 01:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When YOU find the one YOU want at a price that makes YOU happy and YOU are ready to start enjoying it!..............

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 07:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buying off the lot is always best.. That's how I bought mine. It also allows you to go over the whole rig and determine for yourself if it's built right..

Lots of 'tells' if you know what you are looking at. Get on your knees and open the lower cabinet doors and pull out drawers to look at the inside of the cabinets. Get on your belly and look at the underside of the rig. Make a note of the VIN and make sure it's the same one you looked at originally..

Would you do all of that in the winter time??

Your choice, your $$, your RV... Enjoy!

Mitch

Padlin

W. Ma.

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 04:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wiscampsin wrote:

I would think it depends on where your located. In northern climates fall would be the best time because dealers don't want to carry a big inventory over the slow selling time of winter. If you're in Florida or Texas it may be different.

When I bought my Starcraft, in the north, I got it in late August 06. The dealer was just about to get a few 07's in so I got it a bit cheaper, but not much. I was told they have to get their order in by fall for Spring deliveries or they miss the boat. So I'd say if you wait till fall may save you some but it may not be worth the wait.

Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

coolbreeze01

Redding, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 04:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never buy on the spur of the moment. Do your research and you will know a good deal when you see it. Have your money or financing together. Don't fall for extended warranties or trick coatings. Sleep on the deal. Ask here before you buy. Sometimes trying to save money, can cost you. Enjoy the buying experience.

2008 Dodge 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Charltons

Battle Ground, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 05:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought our in February.....for 5,000.00 less than the best deal we could find in September last year. We also bought a unit that was on the lot. They love to move these out as they only have a small time frame before they can no longer use the inventory to borrow against and they have to start making full payments to the manufacturer....

2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 TCD
2012 Keystone Sprinter 311BHS

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Purchase Timing
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: