RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Dishwasher or not to dishwasher....

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Dishwasher or not to dishwasher....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
donkeydew

OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 04:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i enjoy our dishwasher as the alternative would be me doing the dishes.

RandyP77

Virginia Beach, Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 04:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Would not own a coach without one

JTHarley

Northeast, Michigan, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 04:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Larry Cohen wrote:

We love our Paykel Fisher Drawer.....I dont know how easy an install would be but ours came from the factory....It's not real big but does a very good job with very minimal noise and water...I'd rather have it than storage...

In our new coach we have the same dishwasher and absolutely love it. On the other hand we also have a splendide washer/dryer. When I take the coach to the dealer this month the washer dryer is coming out! We've never had one before and it is loud, takes forever and eats up valuable storage space and takes over 2.5 hours to wash and dry a couple of pairs of jeans and a couple of towels.....We used it 3 times in 3 months on the road so if anyone is looking for one pm me and I'll make you a great deal on it.

Every campground we've gone to have wonderful laundry facilities so we decided to just keep doing it outside the coach.

Jim , MJ & Spirit of Sambuca Bear
2005 Prevost Royale XLII
Jeep Sahara Toad

MeanderMan

Fulltiming Somewhere

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 04:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our RV is our home, and we enjoy having the dishwasher. By having it, we tend to use the real dishes and glassware; without it, we'd be buying the paper plates at Wal-Mart.

Happily Fulltiming Somewhere
2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
2013 Honda CRV
Our RV Blog

mockturtle

WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 04:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Personally, I don't mind washing dishes and I can do it without wasting water, too. It seems to me that a dishwasher would use more water, make a lot of noise and take up space. Unless you travel with a family of three or more, I can't see it. JMHO, of course.

2000 Born Free 24RB Class C
6.8L Ford V-10 Engine, E450 Chassis

Trap

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 04:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we pull the trigger to order our new coach as soon as our place sells one of the must have will be a DW, we like it for the convience of just putting them in the DW and do a load after we've had supper. We're not fans of paper plates and it's so much easier to keep the kitchen tidy when you can put your plates away right away.

Oh the stackable washer / dryer is a must have too for fulltiming.

Disneyfix

On Golf Course

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 04:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JTHarley wrote:

Larry Cohen wrote:

We love our Paykel Fisher Drawer.....I dont know how easy an install would be but ours came from the factory....It's not real big but does a very good job with very minimal noise and water...I'd rather have it than storage...

In our new coach we have the same dishwasher and absolutely love it. On the other hand we also have a splendide washer/dryer. When I take the coach to the dealer this month the washer dryer is coming out! We've never had one before and it is loud, takes forever and eats up valuable storage space and takes over 2.5 hours to wash and dry a couple of pairs of jeans and a couple of towels.....We used it 3 times in 3 months on the road so if anyone is looking for one pm me and I'll make you a great deal on it.

Every campground we've gone to have wonderful laundry facilities so we decided to just keep doing it outside the coach.

Is your W/D single unit or separate stacking units? Is this common with what other people find?
Chris

potentialrvers

Tyler, Tx.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 05:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had 2 motorhomes one with and one without a dishwasher. The motorhome with the dishwasher spoiled my wife and therefore we will not have a motorhome without this appliance.
Reese

mytime

Winter Snowbird-somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 06:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JTHarley wrote:

Larry Cohen wrote:

If you have the Room for the Stack washer and Dryer it is great, we love the Dishwasher, and we still use it for storing our dishes, dirty when they need washing, clean when they are not used, so some dishes are in there all the time. The People that don't like the dishwasher are the ones that don't have one, LOL.

2007 Country Coach, Allure 470, 42',ISL Cummins 400, TV- 2011 Chevy Silverado, Blackhawk and Brakemaster.

peaches&cream

Northwest Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 06:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JTHarley wrote:

Larry Cohen wrote:

Don't want to hi-jack this post, but, we are returning home from a 30 day trip and we have not used anything but our washer/dryer. We have not had to go to the laundry, save our quarters, or haul clothes out of the MH. We love our w/d and will not be without one.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Dishwasher or not to dishwasher....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS