RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Dishwasher or not to dishwasher....

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Dishwasher or not to dishwasher....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Mr.Mark

CA/TN

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 06:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Disneyfix wrote:

JTHarley wrote:

Larry Cohen wrote:

We love our Paykel Fisher Drawer.....I dont know how easy an install would be but ours came from the factory....It's not real big but does a very good job with very minimal noise and water...I'd rather have it than storage...

In our new coach we have the same dishwasher and absolutely love it. On the other hand we also have a splendide washer/dryer. When I take the coach to the dealer this month the washer dryer is coming out! We've never had one before and it is loud, takes forever and eats up valuable storage space and takes over 2.5 hours to wash and dry a couple of pairs of jeans and a couple of towels.....We used it 3 times in 3 months on the road so if anyone is looking for one pm me and I'll make you a great deal on it.

Every campground we've gone to have wonderful laundry facilities so we decided to just keep doing it outside the coach.

Is your W/D single unit or separate stacking units? Is this common with what other people find?
Chris

I know this is a 'dishwasher' thread but you could not take our stacked washer and dryer out without a major battle. I hate to use a laundry-mat as you just don't know what the previous customer put in. We had an issue early on that a previous customer left bleach in the washer so our new towels got spotted (not the end of the world I know, LOL).

After that, it's our OWN washer and dryer. We put a load in before we leave on an outing, then put the load in the dryer when we return. If you do that once every other day, the laundry is never overwhelming.

THarley, maybe yours is not working right. I'm assuming you have the all-in-one unit from your description. But, either way, I would rather have that than nothing at all.

MM.

Mr.Mark
2013 Honda CR-V EXL, AWD, w/Nav, SMI Air Force One vacuum-assisted braking, Blue Ox base-plate, Blue Ox tow bar.
2015 Liberty Coach Elegant Lady, 45 ft., one and a half bath, 4 slide, 500 hp Volvo.

Bea PA

Waynesboro, PA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 06:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Live in ours 6 months and wondering if the poster about the W/D has a vented unit. I would like a drawer dishwasher but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

sowego

northwestern corner of the Nebraska panhandle

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 07:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is, as you can guess--a matter of personal opinion and preference.

They are quite common is higher end coaches with more storage than a smaller unit. Many fulltimers won't go without one!

If I had a dishwasher I'd not have room for the pans to cook so...it is a simple answer for us--a total waste of space!

2002 Tiffin Phaeton
2005 Malibu Maxx toad

2ndhom

Eugene, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 07:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[quote=Disneyfix].......that is the question. Having just fallen off the turnip truck, are dishwashers common in MH's? What's your take on it? Waste of space, time, energy???? Or wouldn't want to do without it. If I could have posted a poll I would have made it simpler. Are they easyish to put in?
Thanks
Chris[Why didn't you include this question in your other thread???]

ky#5

full timers since 2004

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 08:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our fifth wheel came with the dishdrawer and we love it. Didn't have one while we were working, but sure glad to have it now! As for the amount of water it uses, we measured it once to see if we could use it when we didn't have sewer hook up and it only used about 1 1/2 gallon of water. Can't really wash them by hand for that little amount! And like other poster said, it's a good place to store dirty or clean dishes!

We have the stacked w/d and wouldn't be without them.

univmd

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 09:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get the dishwasher and the washer/dryer. Remember this debate when dishwashers were invented for homes?;-)

2008 Gulfstream Tourmaster
2011 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Baseplate & Socket Wiring
Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar
US Gear Unified Tow Brake

Disneyfix

On Golf Course

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/12 06:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the opinions! I think family of four could use one.

JTHarley

Northeast, Michigan, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/12 08:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Disneyfix wrote:

JTHarley wrote:

Larry Cohen wrote:

We love our Paykel Fisher Drawer.....I dont know how easy an install would be but ours came from the factory....It's not real big but does a very good job with very minimal noise and water...I'd rather have it than storage...

In our new coach we have the same dishwasher and absolutely love it. On the other hand we also have a splendide washer/dryer. When I take the coach to the dealer this month the washer dryer is coming out! We've never had one before and it is loud, takes forever and eats up valuable storage space and takes over 2.5 hours to wash and dry a couple of pairs of jeans and a couple of towels.....We used it 3 times in 3 months on the road so if anyone is looking for one pm me and I'll make you a great deal on it.

Every campground we've gone to have wonderful laundry facilities so we decided to just keep doing it outside the coach.

Is your W/D single unit or separate stacking units? Is this common with what other people find?
Chris

Mine is a single unit washer/dryer combo

Jim , MJ & Spirit of Sambuca Bear
2005 Prevost Royale XLII
Jeep Sahara Toad

doc brown

Redondo Beach, CA,

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/12 08:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not needed - I travel alone. Also, I'm a clean freak so I clean up after every use of kitchenware - love a clean looking and clean smelling rig!

Steve,Kathy,Josh & Morpheus the Basenji
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2008 Wrangler X Rubicon/Blue OX Tow Bar/Ready Brake

Boonedocks

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/12 08:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are full timers who use corelle and stainless for all our meals. We don't have a dishwasher and have no plans for one. Whomever doesn't do the cooking does the dishes. We wash them quickly after every use and do not mind doing so at all.

2003 Country Coach Intrigue towing 2006 Ford Focus. Follow our full timing adventures at The BooneDocks

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Dishwasher or not to dishwasher....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS